TurTa - The turtle tamer

TurTa - The turtle tamer
Turtle Taming the Mafia way!

This one goes out to all you Turtle Tamers. This script will farm turtles! Just select what turtles you wish to farm and the amount of turtles to farm and let the turtle taming begin. By default the script will tame one turtle in each turtle taming location until the tameto amount is reached.

Requires CanAdv

User Preferences

int tameto
boolean tamemax

Tameto is the total number of turtles you wish to tame.
If tamemax is true, tameto is disregarded and the script will tame as many turtles as it can.

boolean farmbest
If farmbest is true the script will check the mall prices of all turtles and farm the most expensive turtle.

boolean specific
item tamethis

If specific is true the script will tame the turtle you specify as tamethis.

string farmhere
string farmoutfit

Please note that you can only tame one turtle per use of turtle pheromones. Also, turtle pheromones effect - Eau de Tortue - cannot be shrugged or removed. So even if you acquire or tame a turtle before the ten turns of Eau de Tortue have been depleted you still have to use the remaining turns of Eau de Tortue before you can use more turtle pheromones and tame another turtle. That being said, do not use turtle pheromones and then use this script. The script handles turtle pheromones and farms the excess turns so it can tame another turtle. If you have just used turtle pheromones the script will farm those turns and then use more pheromones.
Farmhere is the location to farm until excess Eau de Tortue is depleted.
Farmoutfit is the outfit to wear while farming at farmhere.

location[item] turtle;
There are a couple of reasons why I list the map as a user preference.
1)To remove a turtle taming location just comment out its line in the map.
2)Some turtles have multiple farming locations associated with them. In such cases you can change the location where the script farms for these turtles by changing their associated location in the map. Said turtles have a "multiple locs" comment after their map line.

This script does not support taming of the ballast turtle. Also turtle familiars (sleeping wereturtle, syncopated turtle, and grinning turtle) can only be acquired 2-3 times per ascension, so it is best to farm these separately or comment out their lines the map if you do not know how many you've tamed in your current ascension.

If you find this script useful donations in the form of in-game ninja paraphernalia are always appreciated! Thanks and enjoy the script!

Attachments

• turta.ash
    12.8 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Here are some useful aliases that utilize this script:

alias tame => ash import <turta.ash> tamemax=true; farmturtle();
Tames one turtle in each turtle taming location until you don't have enough turns to tame anymore.

alias ttb => ash import <turta.ash> tameto=%%; tamebest();
Tames the most expensive turtle the specified amount of times.

alias ttbm => ash import <turta.ash> tamemax=true; tamebest();

Tames the most expensive turtle until you don't have enough turns to tame anymore.

alias tt => ash import <turta.ash> tamethis=$item[%%]; tameto=1; specific=true; tamespecific();
Tames a specified turtle once.

alias ttm => ash import <turta.ash> tamethis=$item[%%]; tamemax=true; specific=true; tamespecific();
Tames a specified turtle until you don't have enough turns to tame anymore.

zarqon

alias tame => ash import <turta.ash> tamemax=true; farmturtle();

You can import using CLI's "ash" and then use the imported script's functions!!!!!!! You totally just eliminated a roadblock in my physically resistant CCS project! Thanks!

location[item] turtle;
1)You can increase the weighting of a particular turtle by duplicating that turtles line in the map.

That's actually not true, since only one of a given key may be present in a map. Specifying identical keys multiple times will just overwrite the value.

I took a look at this because I'm writing something similar but different -- a turtle-taming addition to BBB, although mine will be geared more for casual ascenders than farmers. Glad I did... I'd not thought of that nifty trick for making non-native functions available in CLI's ash command. I'll be sure to send some ninja goodies your way.

Also, this script looks nifty. I'll definitely be giving it a spin whenever I get a TT again (none currently).

1)You can increase the weighting of a particular turtle by duplicating that turtles line in the map.

That's actually not true, since only one of a given key may be present in a map. Specifying identical keys multiple times will just overwrite the value.

Thank you for pointing out that fact I was unaware!

You totally just eliminated a roadblock in my physically resistant CCS project! Thanks!

I'm glad someone found this useful for something. :)

Note when using the CLI's ash command with import that the CLI doesn't show the imported script as part of the alias when you set it, but a quick check to the global_aliases.txt reveals that it is stored properly. Just a heads up because that confused me when I first started utilizing aliases.

Looking forward to checking out your physically resistant CCS project!