Slime Tube Adventuring Script

Alhifar

Slime.ash

Major Update:
I've updated the main version of slime.ash to be "relay_slime.ash"
This version of the script uses Bale's wonderful interface. The old version (still known as slime.ash) will still be available, but will not be updated for anything but bug fixes. Consider it a stable version of the script. relay_slime.ash will still be updated with new features as normal.

I've had enough people have problems finding the latest version of this script that I figured it should have a topic of its own. So, without further ado, I present (again) slime.ash, a slime tube adventuring script.

For those who don't know, this script will adventure in the slime tube, changing outfits to get the most turns of Coated in Slime possible, and wiping off the slime whenever you are no longer able to survive the damage you would receive combined from Coated in Slime, and the combat.

It will take advantage of Navel runaways and Bandersnatch runaways, and supports the following skills for damage calculations: Attack with weapon, Thrust-Smack, Lunging Thrust-Smack, Saucegeyser, Weapon of the Pastalord, Shieldbutt, Fearful Fetuccini and divines, both single and funkslung.

If you need MP recovered, set up mafia's autoheal to whatever you prefer. I highly recommend using Bale's Universal Recovery Script to optimally recover your MP, due to the large amounts of MP likely being spent.

You can download this script by typing
Code:
svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/slimetube/code/
into the cli. Running svn update is all it will take to update the script after this.

Last edited:

Heffed

supports the following skills for damage calculations: Attack with weapon, Thrust-Smack, Lunging Thrust-Smack, Saucegeyser, Weapon of the Pastalord, Shieldbutt, Fearful Fetuccini and divines, both single and funkslung.

I may be sub-optimal and cheap, but no Moxious Maneuver?

Heffed

Ah, thank you!

Edit: It did work fine previously, but just on the off-chance that it'll shave 200 turns off my run... ;)

rpxx

Thanks -- as a newbie to mafia, is there a way that I can limit the number of turns it uses until I see how it's working?

Also, I looked through it, and I may have missed it but it doesn't seem to do MP recovery. Does it do that? Because when I manually do a speed run, I use LTS, and I'll run out of MP if I don't use recovery items.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
It's set up for you to tell it how many turns you want to adventure. (0 means all)

call slime 10

will use 10 turns.

Alhifar

It does NOT handle MP recovery. Set up mafia's autorecovery yourself, it should work fine. I'd definitely recommend using Bale's Universal Recovery Script, though.

rpxx

Thanks to both of you -- I'll see if I can get everything going. Slime tube speed runs must be the killer app for mafia, because they're incredibly boring (and carpal-tunnel-causing) to do manually.

Bale

Minion
Hey, you added on the question about mana recovery after I replied! Otherwise I would have taken the opportunity to shill Bale's Universal Recovery Script myself. (same link as in my signature :D)

The recovery script replaces mafia's usual recovery decisions so that it works for you, instead of making you shake your head in frustration.

rpxx

Well, I'm now derailing this thread as a horrible newbie, I guess, but I couldn't get it to work. The script told me "You can't hit anything there", or something like that. Well, yes I can hit highly-boosted slimes, if I use LTS. I've done it before, manually.

Also, Bale, your script mysteriously asked me for a variable name and integer value at the start. Not really sure why: maybe because I used "Load script" to load it from the desktop rather than putting it in the script directory. On my Mac, I have no idea where the script directory is.

Thanks, but -- after looking at the FAQ, the Unofficial User Guide, the End User thing, and at these forums just a little -- I suspect that kolmafia is just one of those programs that someone has to show you how to use, or you don't get it. Or, at least, I don't get it. Could the forums at least have a place where new people tell each other things like where the script directory is?

Edited to add: Aha, I figured out (probably) why the script warned me I couldn't hit. I hadn't drunk my temporary gr8tness potions.

Last edited:

Alhifar

The script won't tell you that you can't hit anything, that's Mafia itself.

As to your problems with Bale's Recovery script, did you read his first post? You shouldn't be calling it manually at all.

Bale

Minion
Also, Bale, your script mysteriously asked me for a variable name and integer value at the start. Not really sure why: maybe because I used "Load script" to load it from the desktop rather than putting it in the script directory. On my Mac, I have no idea where the script directory is.
I don't have a Mac, but I believe I've heard it said that your script directory is: ~/Library/Application\ Support/KoLmafia/scripts

You really do have to put the script in that directory. Then follow the instructions in the thread. (Reading instructions is a good thing.) In the CLI you need to type set recoveryScript = Universal_recovery

After doing that, my script will be automatically called by mafia whenever you need to heal. There is a panel in the adventuring tab that allows you to tell mafia when to heal and how much. If you tell mafia to heal when your HP are below 25%, then when your HP get that low, it will heal up to the amount that your want. (I like to heal up to 95% to make things simple.) Similarly you can set the thresholds for MP recovery.

Mandrayk

what am i missing? I get an opening message with (No available namespace with function: string)

what am i missing?

Mandrayk

yeah I actually fixed my problem and I am very happy seems to be running really well :)

<edit>

Ok so something went a little wrong and I was rushing about after my baby boy and so ended up dying 50 times....

THe script seems to have run fine for about 150 turn (maybe more) but then recently it appeats to have stopped using chamoise to clean the coated in slime...

I would love to give you the information you need to work out why, but have no idea where / what you'd want... I am out of turns now, but tomorrow I'll continue with the tube, but will see if it cleans up

(my first thought was the bucket was empty, but nope there 150 chami's in there...

OH CRIPES, my bad... i was running 100 turns at a time, and after I let 100 go, with 100 left to run, I guess I forgot to run the script and just set it to adventure, silly me LOL

Last edited:

Mandrayk

Little glitch more than anything else I guess.

I run this for x turns, then if I am on course I run for x more turns. Now recently I got this message and the script stops

Putting on Hodgman's porkpie hat...
You don't have the item you're trying to equip.
Wielding pernicious cudgel...
Holding grisly shield...
Putting on sea salt scrubs...
Putting on corroded breeches...
Putting on malevolent medallion...
You may only equip one of those at a time.
Putting on baneful bandolier...
Putting on baneful bandolier...

I was already wearing the suit and the script didn't notice this I guess...

Last edited:

Mandrayk

I think I worked it out, forgot to edit.

I altered one item on my familiar and item locked it. so gear changes may have been affected...

MHoP

After hours of tedious outfit and familiar switching on a different character I was dreading doing the tube again with another character. Your script is great and worked without a hitch.

I do have one request on it. And maybe I already will do this and I just don't know how to do it. Can you script be made to cleesh instead of use tatters, Divine champagne popper, or green smoke bombs? It would cost more adventures but save a lot of meat.