Sandworm Farmer Script: (sfs)

halfvoid

Sandworm Farmer Script: (sfs) ver 1.1

For your spice gathering, and hopeful melange gathering, and maybe even some meat gathering enjoyment, I present to you the Sandworm Farmer Script.

My first written entirely by myself script.

It will use every drum machine in your inventory to fight sandworms and then print out the change in meat, spice, and spice melanges.

untested:
(1)spending more meat than gained in adventures with sfs i.e.(automatic buffs, healing, stickers)

Thanks, and feedback / suggestions for improvements are more than welcome.

(081809) ver. 1.1 : added functionality to stop using drum machines when out of adventures.

Attachments

• sandwormfarm.ash
    664 bytes · Views: 322
Last edited:

Grotfang

Developer
The script trying to use drum machines when you have no adventures remaining can be prevented by changing:

Code:
while ( item_amount( $item[ drum machine ]) > 0)

{

use (1, $item[ drum machine ]);

}

to:

Code:
while ( item_amount( $item[ drum machine ]) > 0 && my_adventures() > 0 )

{

use (1, $item[ drum machine ]);

}

Catch-22

Sandworm Farmer Script: (sfs) ver 1.1

For your spice gathering, and hopeful melange gathering, and maybe even some meat gathering enjoyment, I present to you the Sandworm Farmer Script.

My first written entirely by myself script.

It will use every drum machine in your inventory to fight sandworms and then print out the change in meat, spice, and spice melanges.

untested:
(1)spending more meat than gained in adventures with sfs i.e.(automatic buffs, healing, stickers)

Thanks, and feedback / suggestions for improvements are more than welcome.

(081809) ver. 1.1 : added functionality to stop using drum machines when out of adventures.

Grats on your first script void.

moooo566

Ooh. Useful. I'm gonna play with the printing colours (and maybe stick in a buy drum machines bit if I can work it out - any help?)

EDIT: Okay, ignore me for not even really trying. After going through a few scripts I already had and the wiki I found how to do the buying fairly easily. Oh well.

Also, thanks, hope you don't mind me messing with your script. I fixed it to buy drum machines so I didn't have to stop and buy more or anything stupid like that. I think I kept it right in every other way. Thanks for the useful script!

Last edited:

halfvoid

Yeah, thats how i figured out how to write them myself so more power to you. Also, as far as i've browsed the market, its rarely worth it to actually buy the drum machines from the mall unless you can crank out some serious +meat% or are just praying for a melange to rear its ugly head. I was mostly just writing this script to use the bazillion drum machines i had acquired in previous runs.

moooo566

Hamster and fairychaun gets me all the meat I'd need and more (~1.2k/adventure), so its profitable even without any melanges at all.

halfvoid

Well i mean 1.2k/adv isn't very optimal when you're spending 900 meat to adventure in the first place. You're only making 300 meat in that case. Better to just castle farm with the monkey or chaun, no?

moooo566

Since the hamster and fairychaun also get me a load of +items, I generally get about 1 melange/day. This, plus the meat, plus selling normal spices gives me more than I can farm in the castle. Bear in mind that I have no perms, no olfaction or nuffink. This makes passive bonuses a bit short.

slyz

Developer
Well i mean 1.2k/adv isn't very optimal when you're spending 900 meat to adventure in the first place.
Even if you are using drum machines from your inventory, you are paying 900 meat to adventure in the first place, since your are a using a resource that is worth 900 meat (and could have been sold in the mall).

It should be easy to calculate the average Meat Per Adventure of using drum machines based on the current +item% and +meat% modifiers and the mall price of spices and drum machines.

EDIT:
I was bored
PHP:
float mpa = 0.0 ;
float extra_mpa_meat = 0.0 ;
float extra_mpa_item = 0.0 ;

// Drum Machine cost
mpa -= mall_price( $item[ drum machine ] ) ;

// Giant Sandworm drops 250 meat 
mpa += 250.0 * ( 1.0 + numeric_modifier("Meat Drop") / 100.0 ) ;
extra_mpa_meat += 250.0 * 0.01 ;

foreach i, rec in item_drops_array( $monster[ Giant Sandworm ] )
{
	float rate = rec.rate / 100.0 ;
	if ( rec.drop == $item[ spice melange ] ) rate = 0.001 ;

float cur_rate = min( 1.0, rate * ( 1.0 + numeric_modifier("Item Drop") / 100.0 ) ) ;

mpa += mall_price( rec.drop ) * cur_rate ;
	if ( cur_rate < 1.0 ) extra_mpa_item += mall_price( rec.drop ) * ( min( 1.0, cur_rate + rate * 0.01 ) - cur_rate ) ;
}

print( "Average MPA: " + mpa );
print( "Extra MPA per % of bonus meat drop: " + extra_mpa_meat );
print( "Extra MPA per % of bonus item drop: " + extra_mpa_item );

With a basic setup (Fat Leon, Polka, 31 lbs Hound Dog and using "maximize item drop" after breaking the prism), and Melange being 419k in the mall, this is the result:
Code:
Average MPA: 1240.8049
Extra MPA per % of bonus meat drop: 2.5
Extra MPA per % of bonus item drop: 4.9100227
This beats the Castle by a big stretch, although you are dependent on the enormous swing in Melange drop and, as always with item farming, on actually selling the Melange.

Oh, and I used a 0.1% base drop rate for the melange, but the current drop rate should be calculated differently because of the mechanic involved (10% chance of having a shot at a 1% base drop rate item, I think, but it should only matter if you are running more than +900% item).

Last edited:

Journeyman

Any love for checking whether our pastamancer boba ghost is active and has had 15 casts? Saves you 15 drum machines and a ton of meat! :D