Ask Grandpa

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
This script asks grandpa all the things that are currently known that he needs to be asked. It's pretty simple with a bunch of visit_url commands. Unfortunately I asked him everything before deciding this would be useful, so it hasn't been tested (I ran it, so I know it won't cause anything horrible to happen).

Since I'm sure more stuff will be added to grandpa... Last update: 8 August 2009

Attachments

• grandpa.ash
    1.8 KB · Views: 266

Bale

Minion
I've also asked Grandpa everything, but I'm still glad to see this script since running it will ensure that I didn't miss anything by accident. Very simple script, but I appreciate that you thought to create it.

And of course, once the rest of the sea content goes live there'll be a lot more too add and I'll get to make serious use of it. :D

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Oh, after looking back at the Grandpa page some more, I realized this script only covers the things that do something on the initial visit. It looks like there's stuff with Grandma that you have to wait to ask Grandpa about, and that will have to be done without this script.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I did a similar script a while ago using the "grandpa" command in the CLI. I like it. :)

(I just added "trophy fish" to it, since I learned about it after comparing your script to mine...)

Attachments

• grandpa.txt
    443 bytes · Views: 190

Spiny

Rofl, I just spent the last 15 minutes trying these two scripts out and thinking they didn't work because I didn't see them doing anything in the CLI. Then i looked at my session log and saw lots and lots of visits to grandpa rofl. It's too bad neither the CLI nor the session log records what is being asked, though I can probably add in little print commands for my own peace of mind :) Thanks for the script!

-Spiny