Breakfast

I was just realizing, when you run the 'breakfast' command it doesn;t take into consideration the lvl 15 skills. Meaning Sacecrafters and Pastamancers only conjure 3 of thier items instead of 5. Anyway to fix this?

Nightmist

[quote author=GhettoTrucker link=topic=279.msg1437#msg1437 date=1152496994]
I was just realizing, when you run the 'breakfast' command it doesn;t take into consideration the lvl 15 skills. Meaning Sacecrafters and Pastamancers only conjure 3 of thier items instead of 5. Anyway to fix this?
[/quote]

Actually if my script logs are correct KoLMafia DOES infact take into account level 15 skills. (It will attempt to cast 5 and then 4 and so on until the skill fails to cast any or you successfully cast your maximum amount)
Well thats for DB breakfast casts. I dont have a PM or SC to test out their breakfast commands but if it doesnt summon the max then maybe a CLI Cast or a ASH
Code:
boolean use_skill( int, skill )
for 2 casts of the appropriate skill will be sufficient. (But as I said, never tested but I assume even those skills can be used through the standard commands)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=GhettoTrucker link=topic=279.msg1437#msg1437 date=1152496994]
I was just realizing, when you run the 'breakfast' command it doesn't take into consideration the lvl 15 skills. Meaning Sacecrafters and Pastamancers only conjure 3 of thier items instead of 5. Anyway to fix this?[/quote]

I'm suprised that you "realize" this because I don't believe it's true.

From the code:

Code:
        // Superhuman Cocktailcrafting affects # of summons for Advanced Cocktailcrafting
        if ( hasSkill( "Superhuman Cocktailcrafting" ) )
            client.setBreakfastSummonings( KoLmafia.COCKTAILCRAFTING, 5 );

// Transcendental Noodlecraft affects # of summons for Pastamastery
        if ( hasSkill( "Transcendental Noodlecraft" ) )
            client.setBreakfastSummonings( KoLmafia.PASTAMASTERY, 5 );

// The Way of Sauce affects # of summons for Advanced Saucecrafting
        if ( hasSkill( "The Way of Sauce" ) )
            client.setBreakfastSummonings( KoLmafia.SAUCECRAFTING, 5 );

And a test run with a character who has The Way of Sauce:

> breakfast
Casting Advanced Saucecrafting 5 times...
Advanced Saucecrafting was successfully cast.
You acquire 5 scrumptious reagents

I also have a character who summons 5 cocktail accessories every day.

What did you do which made you "realize" that KoLmafia'a breakfast command doesn't get the max number of items? Because, if you're really seeing that, it's a bug.

Bishy

cast 3 Advanced Saucecrafting
You acquire 3 scrumptious reagents
cast 3 Pastamastery
You acquire 3 bunches of dry noodles
cast 5 Advanced Cocktailcrafting
You acquire an item: little paper umbrella
You acquire an item: coconut shell
You acquire an item: magical ice cubes

seems fine to me

Umm... lemme try it again. My friend was like hey i'm only getting 3 noodles from the breakfast command, "fix it!". so he gave me his passwrd and i did and i believe it said 3 but lemme check again.............

[EDIT] Yup. only 3.
> breakfast
Casting Pastamastery 3 times...
Pastamastery was successfully cast.
You acquire 3 bunches of dry noodles

The MP level was at 300/312, and so i decided to run a 2nd breakfast command and here is what happend.

> breakfast
Casting Pastamastery 1 times...
You acquire an item: dry noodles

that is still only 4 bunches so i did it again.

> breakfast Casting Pastamastery 1 times...
You acquire an item: dry noodles

whats going on? i'm running 8.1

is thier something new in 8.2? also i heard of an 8.3 being released already...is this true? the latest i saw on sourceforge was 8.2

( please do not double-post... )

skyrich62

Hi,

I hate to post on an old thread -- but this really is relevant. I have two chars, one in hardcore, (KentKronos), and one is soft (Pasta Fazooli).

Both chars have Pastamastery and Advanced Saucecrafting.

Every "morning", Pasta Fazooli would cast 3 pastamastery and 3 advanced saucecrafting.. but
KentKronos tries, (and fails) to cast 5 pastamastery and 5 advanced saucecrafting.

I wasn't going to post on this 'till I mulled it over a bit; then I had one of those "aha!" moments...

Sure enough, Kent has "The way of sauce" and "transcendental noodlecraft" but he doesn't have them Hardcore Permed -- he just has them permed from previous softcore runs.

I notice the following in the code:
Code:
	maximumCast = 3;
	if ( KoLCharacter.hasSkill( "Transcendental Noodlecraft" ) )
	{
		maximumCast = 5;
	}
	maximumCast = Math.max( maximumCast - Preferences.getInteger( "noodleSummons" ), 0 );

There doesn't appear to be a check for HP versus P? I haven't look deeply enough, yet, into the code to see how much of a PITA that would be.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else has seen this or was wondering.

Cheers!
--Rich

PS: Yep confirmed it, and I also found this thread which helps explain things:
http://kolmafia.us/index.php/topic,1695.0.html

dangerpin

Yes, this is a known issue.

As the primary programmers for KoLMafia are currently working hard on real life issues, this might not be fixed for some time. You may need to work out an interim fix for yourself in the meantime.

skyrich62

Hi,

Yep, no problem -- the only, dare I say it, "annoying" thing ;D is that once it tries to summon 5 items, it won't try again even if I try:
skill 3 pastamastery

So, the only thing that so far works is: Relay Browser, and manually do the cast. Ah well. I'll take a look @ the code to see if I can tweak it.

Regards,
--Rich

Rahmuss

How do I get it to go to the fruit stand to pickup my meat there? I thought it was already doing that; but I don't see that in any of the settings and when I go there after I've adventured it gives me meat, so it must not be doing it.

tgetgel

How do I get it to go to the fruit stand to pickup my meat there? I thought it was already doing that; but I don't see that in any of the settings and when I go there after I've adventured it gives me meat, so it must not be doing it.

visit_url("store.php?whichstore=h");

This is for the hippy store - from an ash script. Just paste it in one you use.

Mafia is supposed to do that automatically for breakfast. Is it possible Mafia doesn't know you completed that quest?

Try typing "set sidequestOrchardCompleted" in the CLI to see what Mafia thinks.

Rahmuss

tgetgel - Does that work in a .txt file or just in the .ash files?

aqualectrix - Well, it says "hippy" when I do that, so I assume that knows I did it as a hippy. Yet it still does not get the meat for the Mafia breakfast.