Moving Servers

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
I'm planning to move the kolmafia site and wiki to a new host later this evening. We will be on our own VPS and I have some new stuff in store for us (automatic builds) when I get us back up. I plan to start the move around 7:00pm EST time today 7/7/2009.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
I've decided I'm going to bump it up a bit since everything is already running super smooth on the new server, I'll be closing the forums in 15 minutes... which means at 5:30 PM EST. I'll then proceed to transfer everything over.

Bale

Minion
I appreciate the new Latest SVN Changes forum, but would it be possible to have the full commit log there, instead of just a notification that it exists?

Thank you.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Sadly Sourceforge sucks on that, that's all they give me RSS feed wise :( Might have to write a scrapper to get it done.

Bale

Minion
Ah. That makes sense. If you are willing to write the scrapper it would be nice, but at least this is better than nothing.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
I was a little, more of a personal issue with them. Still keeping them though for my family's websites but for more of my stuff I moved off to the new VPS.

Bale

Minion
fewyn, I see you've written your own scraper. Awesome.

Ideally, I would prefer the threads be numbered with the revision, but I suspect some others might disagree with me as a matter of preference. :D Mostly I'm just overjoyed to know that I'll automatically discover the existence of a new revision every time I check for new messages on this forum.

Thanks.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Yea, I'm going to have to fudge with it a little more. Might be able to get it to show the build number in the title.

matt.chugg

I think i'm a tiny bit late with this! but instead of scraping couldn't you pipe

Code:
svn log -r revisionnumber -v

and parse it ? that was my plan before you did something far better :) anyway, i'm honestly not trying to tell you how to do what your obviously far better at than me!

Mine will be coming down tomorrow probably when I re-image the vps.

Last edited: