Aftercore.ash: user-friendly aftercore botting script!

MapleMario

What is v1.5? Aftercore.ash v1.5 is a pretty big patch. I added sandworm / melange farming! Another thing was I added the ability for the script to save your MPA, which allows you to seamlessly stop and restart your diet. [See aftercore_readme.txt for other changes]
Note: you NEED to re-make your all of your old config_xxxxxxxx.txt files for this patch to work! Also, if you would like to melange farm, you'll need to remake your plan as well.

My entire aftercore script collection (script file and helper scripts) is hosted at http://officialgms.com/kol/ - this is the latest version.

What this script does is it follows a certain "plan file" (you can use the default or set your own up) to farm efficiently. The plan file can be configured at the site listed above, and the available options for this plan file are:
  • Farming at the Giants' Castle
  • Farming at sandworms (spice melanges)
  • Consuming your optimal diet (based on a SLIGHTLY modified EatDrink.ash)
  • Getting your Mysterious Island Arena buff
  • Farming at McMillicanCuddy's Farm
  • Completing today's bounty
  • Overdrinking optimally, again based on EatDrink.ash
  • Printing end-of-session statistics.

If you have both Polka and Ode available, there is an option that allows you to enable switching between Polka and Ode for consumption and overdrinking. Buffbot support for this will be added at some point, but no attempt is made to maintain your buff levels of Phat Loot and your other buff (I use Aria or Cantata), so you'll need to get them from a buffbot every so often or buy in bulk.

You are supposed to create your own outfits for the consumption (tuxedo shirt, if you have access), the farming (+Meat and +Items preferably), the bounty (+ML preferably, since most bounties are in weak, or weak-ish zones), and a good night outfit (+Advs/rollover). Melange is a slightly special case, where you're best off opening Tools -> Modifier Maximizer and typing into the textbox "1.00 meat drop, 1.32 item drop" (without the quotes). Then if you're weak equip a good weapon and save the outfit.

If you would like a human-readable parsing of your configuration file, simply run aftercore_config_parse.ash (from the Scripts menu or from the CLI) and it will give you a readout of your options (colour and all!).

My outfits are gmorning (consumption - has a tuxedo shirt), farming (farming - about +300% meat, +60% items?), +ml (bounty - +107 ML, over +150ML with Aria), and nighty (goodnight outfit - +24-34 [grimacite] advs/rollover). I'm using this script to farm enough lucre to get a sniffytome, as is my friend for whom I originally made the script customizable.

When you go to http://officialgms.com/kol/, there should be a link to a "Complete Aftercore Script Collection v1.x," where v1.x is the latest version. You can download it from there, or from the file attached here. You can also create / populate your config files and plan files by filling out the appropriate forms at the above URL.

Diets are generated by EatDrink.ash - thanks dj_d!

So, basically, what it can do:

• automatically switch outfits based on the task it will do next
  • farm at ducks (it is assumed that McMillicanCuddy's Farm is available)
  • complete a full bounty (thank you zarqon for this script!)
  • use scratch 'n' sniff UPC stickers for all parts of farming if enabled
  • autosell all items gotten from the castle (except Warm Subject Gift Certs, which are used)
  • switch between polka and ode for consumption
  • has an easy to use form that generates your config and plan scripts for you - no programming knowledge required to use this script
  • give you the most optimal diet, as generated by EatDrink.ash
  • allow you to toggle whether or not to farm at McMillicanCuddy's Farm
  • allow FULLY customizable use of multiple characters
  • save your progress and MPA, so it can be seamlessly run and re-run

Known shortcomings / future features:
  • it's been suggested that your farming outfit should be used for a giant bounty. so, bounty-specific options?
  • maybe outfits should be based on equipt, but probably not.
  • buffbot support will be added in the future.
  • autosell bounty items.
  • using ver.ash for version-checking
  • selling flags on items (autosell, mallsell, collect)
  • other farming areas; giants and sandworms are already available.

For current [and future] versioning info, download the ZIP file and open aftercore_readme.txt.

Attachments

• aftercore_v1.5.zip
    70.5 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

MapleMario

Sounds great.

Whoops, I forgot to add the milk of magnesium toggle to the feature list... I'll do that now.

Last edited:

MapleMario

Aftercore.ash v1.1 released!

v1.1
  • Added aftercore_config_parse.ash for a more readable layout of your config file
  • Cleaned up some repetitive/memory-wasting code
  • Autosells all castle items now (or at least it should. Anything I'm missing? Just tell me.)

Attachments

• aftercore_scripts.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 72

MapleMario

Aftercore.ash v1.2 released!

v1.2
  • Diets are now optimized via EatDrink.ash (aftercore_eatdrink.ash)
  • Does Giants for first set of advs, then the old order
  • Added Ducks boolean toggle
  • Rewrote Arena code to support Hippy IsleWar completion (well, not really, it just does the same thing but I just figured out that it does the +20% items one =P

Remember, updates are always in aftercore_readme.txt.
ALSO, this release is a slightly buggy one, especially in that it cannot be aborted and continue seamlessly. This functionality will be added in v1.3.

Attachments

• aftercore_v1.2.zip
    38.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

MapleMario

Four updates in a row...

Aftercore.ash v1.3 released!
It's a pretty huge update!

v1.3
  • Fixed a few bugs introduced with the release of EatDrink sync
  • Arena code is now smarter
  • Removed need for do_ducks boolean
  • Support for easy multiple accounts, with mapped .txt config files and .txt plan files
  • Maps script progress and MPA to aftercore_progress.txt so that it can be aborted and rerun seamlessly

Attachments

• aftercore_v1.3.zip
    39.8 KB · Views: 75

Glade

This is going to sound very silly to all of you but i have never used a script with kolmafia but can you tell my how to use and change it for my self nothing big but just the food/drink/spleen it uses and the equipment. thanks for any and all help and sorry for asking again =)

MapleMario

Well, what you have to do is this:
First, find your kolmafia folder. This is the folder where your KoLMafia-v13.2.exe is located in.
Once you find that, find the scripts (aptly named) folder inside of there. If you don't have a scripts folder, make one.
Now, download my aftercore_v1.3.zip file into your scripts folder. Unzip it using WinZip, 7-zip (recommended), or another program but make sure you unzip directly INTO scripts/ because otherwise, the config and plan files won't be loaded.
Finally, go to http://www.officialgms.com/kol/ and fill out the two forms there with correct information. They might take some getting used to at first, but you'll understand them with a little scrutiny. When it asks you if you want to save the file (plan_xxxxxxx.txt or config_xxxxxxx.txt), save it into your scripts/ folder, and if it asks you if you want to overwrite, say yes.
All you have to do now is open KoLMafia, go into the scripts menu, and select the option entitled aftercore, which opens a sub menu, and you then click on aftercore.ash.

You do not need to configure your food/drink/spleen, but you need to configure your own equipment.

MapleMario

I have now found a minor flaw in the way aftercore.ash reads progress.txt.

The patched aftercore.ash is attached in this message:

Attachments

• aftercore.ash
    8.5 KB · Views: 28

Glade

ok im getting this
> call scripts\aftercore_v1.3\aftercore\aftercore.ash

Updating bounty.txt from '2009-04-22T10:16:34-05:00' to '2009-04-22T10:16:34-05:00'...
...bounty.txt updated.
Couldn't use config_XXXXX.txt.... trying config_default.txt
Could read neither default nor XXXXX config file. Aborting.

whats happening ?
Man I'm an idiot :(

Last edited:

MapleMario

Do you have your config file(s) in your kolmafia scripts directory? They must be there (or in data/, I think) in order for them to be parsed.

EDIT: The problem might also be solvable by moving your aftercore/ folder directly to your scripts/ directory instead of having it in a subfolder (aftercore_v1.3 in this case).

Last edited:

palpitations

Hey Maple, thanks for your work on this... When it was first released, I knew it had a lot of potential, but wasn't quite ready for me. I'm very glad to say that it's shaped up nicely, and I plan on letting it take over for me while I'm on vacation in a few weeks :)

Just one question: would it be possible to add semi-rare handling as an option? As an example, right now I'm farming to get ready to dip in to the sea for the first time on an unascended AT multi - so picking up cyclops eyedrops would help a lot to negate the penalties. I might go for some pirate juice as my other one, to easily buff myself enough to manage the sea. For other people, they may be interested in what SRs will sell for the most in the mall... For others, it may make sense to pick up tarts or lunchboxen (you'd need to check the price in the mall, calculate the average gains per adventure, figure out how many adventures you'd likely lose by using a fortune cookie instead of an optimal diet, and see if it was worthwhile)... Or how about picking up eyedrops and inhalers, and using them as part of your farming? Again, you'd need to check mall prices and see if they would pay for themselves...

I realize most of those would be a hell of a lot of work, so how about a few options that simply let you pick 2 semi-rares to go back and forth between, and a boolean value that lets you decide if you should bother with them or not? And maybe another that just grabs the semi-rare with the highest mall value, like Bale's Fortune Cookie Counter script? (http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=1825)

I know that's a hell of a lot to change, across many scripts... If I had any faith in my ability to hack away at these things, I'd get to work and send it to you as a patch if you were interested... Sadly my experience with these things is very limited, and this would be way beyond my abilities. Still, as a long term goal, I think it would be great, and would make this script a little more complete.

Thanks again, and take care.

MapleMario

Semi-rare handling could definitely be implemented if you desire it to be. Your suggestions would all be possible, albeit it would take quite some work. I could add these to the next available version space on my roadmap, but it seems like it'd be better to add at least some SR handling functionality at least slightly earlier.

In fact, it's interesting because practically this exact feature was brought to my attention by my friend Phred (who is actually the person for whom I made the script customizable in the first place) immediately after I told him about the cookie counter script. I thought that it'd be too much of a waste to eat fortune cookies, but then again, like you said it could check to see if it would be worth the loss of an optimal diet.

Right now, I have one account in normal aftercore (no bounty though) and one account in trophycore (a term I made up where you're bypassing normal diets, adventuring plans, equipment, etc. to get certain trophies), so I can definitely still test this script out and work on it.

Oh, and one more thing - development on v1.4 is quite sluggish at the moment due to another of my projects (Gyzer - mods, remove link if this is too over-the-top with advertising). However, the impending release should be complete within a few days at most. Hopefully.

Hope you enjoy the script!

palpitations

Right now, I have one account in normal aftercore (no bounty though) and one account in trophycore (a term I made up where you're bypassing normal diets, adventuring plans, equipment, etc. to get certain trophies), so I can definitely still test this script out and work on it.
Hope you enjoy the script!

If you need another tester, I've got a level 19, unascended AT multi that I screw around with/spade with/mainly just farm the castle with while preparing to explore the sea for the first time... I would be happy to try and break things (productively!) with him. I've also got a few other unascended multis of various classes, just used to experiment with my fledgling efforts at scripting, that could probably get into aftercore in a few days to help out as well. I'd have to take some time away in the middle of June, but otherwise, they're always available to help test anything worthwhile :)

And looking over it, I'll most certainly enjoy the script! The change from a set plan to being able to customize one was all it took to completely sell me. I hadn't checked the thread in a while, so I was thinking I might just take your script, hack it apart, reorder it, and put it back together to do things in the order I wanted. Imagine my surprise when I realized you had a nice little customizer to take care of that for me now! :)

MapleMario

Glad you like it! Well, I knew that making it totally customizable would help a lot. In fact, I needed it myself since like I said, I have 2 aftercore accounts right now, and in a matter of days, I'll have two more!

I'm trying to cut down the config files a lot to save work on the user's part, so v1.4 will use equipt.ash so that outfits are automatically selected based on purpose.

Thanks for the potential testing. I'll make sure to redouble my efforts now that I know there's someone actually using the script =P