Sending 1 item to another member through script

Des80

Ok I am a little confused by reading the searches I found for using the Mail System through scripting...

I am wanting to send 1 thing to another person how would I do this using the scripting I tried that client send thing and it didnt want to work.. Im just wanting something simple for right now that I can work off of.

dangerpin

Hey Des, long time no see.

Assuming Dangerpin wasn't in hardcore
"send 1 tiny plastic grue, 1 meat stack to Dangerpin || Grues Rule"
(without the quotes) would send a tiny plastic grue and a meat stack to me with the message "Grues Rule."

Des80

Thats all I would put in the script that doesnt sound right dont you have to declare that with the [$item] thing ? ?? ?

Yeah I got my farming script working great I improved on it a lot I just need to be able to send some stuff to clan mates.

dangerpin

I'm sure there is a better way to do it, my code-fu is nearly non-existant but if you want it in a script I'm pretty sure just doing it like this would work.

cli_execute("send 1 tiny plastic grue, 1 meat stack to Dangerpin || Grues Rule");

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I'm sure there is a better way to do it, my code-fu is nearly non-existant
As far as I know cli_execute is the best way of doing it. ash doesn't seem to have any support for mail which is why zarqon went to the trouble of writing this.

had to fix the send to csend but its working thanks a lot
I was pretty sure that send should work. I just tested it and send works for me. I'm really curious what problem you ran into. Please tell me.

Des80

just told me I had to use Csend instead of send once I used cSend it worked.

Edited:

here is what it says
Unknown variable 'send' (test.ash, line 3)

Last edited: