cannot get custom combat script to work

YoMama1

I normally use the relay browser. This is my first time trying to use any of Mafia's automated stuff.

I am in the barrr. I set action to custom combat script. In the output window I see: Strategy: d:\kolmafia\ccs\default.css [default]

I have a file called default.css in that directory, but the actions do not fire. I tried:

[ default ]
1: skill entangling noodles
2: item the big book of pirate insults
3: attack with weapon

and

[ default ]
skill entangling noodles
item the big book of pirate insults
attack with weapon

Neither seem to work, and I just attack.

[475] Barrrney's Barrr
Encounter: toothy pirate
Round 0: YoMama1 wins initiative!
Round 1: YoMama1 attacks!
You lose 10 hit points
Round 2: YoMama1 attacks!
You gain 53 Meat
You acquire an item: bottle of rum
You gain 15 Beefiness
You gain 5 Wizardliness
You gain 6 Cheek

What am I doing incorrectly?

jasonharper

Developer
Either way of writing the actions should have worked, the round numbers are optional.

Did you click Save in the CCS editor after entering the text?

The only thing that looks wrong in your report is that you said:
[quote author=YoMama1 link=topic=2178.msg11310#msg11310 date=1232770820]
In the output window I see: Strategy: d:\kolmafia\ccs\default.css [default][/quote]
...yet in the combat output you pasted, that line does not appear (it should have been just after the "Encounter:" line). Where, then, did you see that line?

YoMama1

I saw the line in the window, but I cannot copy and paste from that window, so I just copied and pasted from the log. Should that line be logged?

jasonharper

Developer
The Strategy: line doesn't appear in the log, so that's to be expected (but I can't explain why you'd have any problem in copying text from the CLI window).

YoMama1

OK, I finally got this working today. I was editing the ccs file in textpad, not in the java window, so KolMafia was not aware of the changes I was making.