ascensionChecklist.ash: Make sure you have the items for a painless run

Sandiman

Have you ever hit the 'Ascend' button, only to realize seconds later that you forgot to make a maid/food/drink/house/whatever? Fear not!

ascensionChecklist.ash ensures you have the correct items for your ascension by compiling an easy-to-read list of the desired item amounts and creating/purchasing needed items if necessary. (Note: creating and purchasing behavior can be turned on/off globally)

Here's an example of how to tell the script what you want in order to ascend:
Code:
add_ChecklistItem( "goat cheese", 6 );
add_ChecklistItem( "dope wheels" );
add_ChecklistItem( "meat engine" );

And here's an example of the output:
Code:
--- PASSED ---
goat cheese [ 234 / 6 ]
dope wheels [ 8 / 1 ]
meat engine [ 3 / 1 ]

--- FAILED ---
(NONE)

The actual script currently checks 108 items!

Currently checked items include:

• [li]All items for the Sorceress' Tower[/li]
    [li]Quest-related outfits[/li]
    [li]Miscellaneous quest-related items such as goat cheese and ore.[/li]

NOTICE: This script is intended for people who are willing to modify a script to fit their own needs. As a preventative measure, CREATE_ITEMS and BUY_ITEMS (flags that determine whether the script will create or buy unavailable items) have been set to false. In its initial state, the script is merely informative. The body of build_checklist() contains all checked items and quantities; build_checklist() should be checked or modified by the user before changing CREATE_ITEMS or BUY_ITEMS to true.

Hopefully other people will find this script as useful as I do. :)

UPDATE LIST:
2009-24-09 - Added option to place all required items into the closet. To enable, change CLOSET_ITEMS to true.

Attachments

• ascensionChecklist.ash
    11.4 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:

jasonharper

Developer
Nifty! And you can use set preAscensionScript=ascensionChecklist.ash to make sure you don't forget to run the script that keeps you from forgetting things...

I disagree with having a meat engine on the list; you can save a pull by borrowing the maid's engine, then putting it back together after you've made and untinkered the meatcar.

Bale

Minion
Rather nice. I've got a multi that sometimes ascends softcore, so this is going to help a good bit the next time that multi ascends.

[quote author=jasonharper link=topic=2048.msg10150#msg10150 date=1228333111]
Nifty! And you can use set preAscensionScript=ascensionChecklist.ash to make sure you don't forget to run the script that keeps you from forgetting things...[/quote]

Is there a list of these parameters for "set"? I'd dearly love to know.

By the way, am I the only one who tries to keep their script directory clear of such things by doing this:

set preAscensionScript=..\\autoscripts\\ascensionChecklist.ash
set recoveryScript = ..\\autoscripts\\hardcore_recoveryScript.ash

I do that with all my fight scripts, healing scripts, between battle scripts and other automatically run scripts so that my script directory isn't cluttered with things that I don't invoke manually. That way I can find my scripts easily.

I disagree with having a meat engine on the list; you can save a pull by borrowing the maid's engine, then putting it back together after you've made and untinkered the meatcar.

And that's why he specified how to customize it for your own use. ;) Good softcore tip though.

zarqon

[quote author=Bale link=topic=2048.msg10152#msg10152 date=1228341103]
Is there a list of these parameters for "set"? I'd dearly love to know.
[/quote]

Yes. Your settings file, in your settings directory, named bale_prefs.txt.

Also, it appears (at least on my Win XP machine) that mafia will automatically find files even if they are in subdirectories. You can put them in subdirs without needing to specify the path.

Bale

Minion
[quote author=zarqon link=topic=2048.msg10166#msg10166 date=1228356730]
Yes. Your settings file, in your settings directory, named bale_prefs.txt.[/quote]

Hmmm... that makes me feel stupid, but yeah... there it is. Let's search for "script". Possible handles for automatic scripts... betweenBattleScript, buyScript, chatbotScript, customCombatScript, plantingScript, postAscensionScript, preAscensionScript, recoveryScript... Thanks.

Also, it appears (at least on my Win XP machine) that mafia will automatically find files even if they are in subdirectories. You can put them in subdirs without needing to specify the path.

Oh? Really?! I can just create a brand new subdirectory and mafia will detect it? Convenient.

zarqon

[quote author=Bale link=topic=2048.msg10183#msg10183 date=1228375146]
Hmmm... that makes me feel stupid, but yeah...[/quote]

You should only feel stupid on the days you don't learn something. :)

Oh? Really?! I can just create a brand new subdirectory and mafia will detect it? Convenient.

Yeah, I thought so too! I haven't tested it from preferences but I know that I can call scripts from the CLI without typing the path.

Bale

Minion
Just tested that with my recovery script. It didn't work. I needed to define the entire path or else my script wasn't called with "ash restore_hp(0)". Darn.

Sandiman

For those of you keeping score, I've found one misplaced item in ascensionChecklist.ash: rather than the Knob Goblin perfume (a useful item), I had a Knob Goblin love potion (definitely less useful). It's fixed in mine, and I've uploaded a new version.

dj_d

This is really cool, Sandiman. I was just finishing up something similar - I may post that as well as the functionality's not quite the same.

mredge73

Hey
How should I modify this script to put all of the checklist items in the closet?
This way I can run it before the last day of an ascension without having to worry about accidentally destroying any of the items newly created or acquired.

Edit:
I already figured it out

Last edited:

Sandiman

Sorry I took so long to respond. I've uploaded a new version that supports closeting your items in case you'd rather use my version. I'm glad you got yours figured out though!

mredge73

My version does the closet part more efficiently; it builds the cli command to do 11 different items at a time.
Feel free to use it wherever you need it; I borrowed the idea from one of Bale's scripts to give him some credit.
Tested it a few times, seems to work fine with some items in the closet and some not. It did not buy double if you had some in the closet, so it is safe to use multiple times after an ascension is complete.

The Closet part is the only part that is modified in this script.

Attachments

• MrEdge73's Softcore AscensionChecklist (original created by Sandiman) Stand Alone Version.ash
    13 KB · Views: 35

Raven434

I added a few things in that help my runs at least:

add_ChecklistItem( "eggnog", 14 );
// Might not be the smartest way to pull the booze - basically all the bases...
add_ChecklistItem( "strawberry wine", 10 );
add_ChecklistItem( "screwdriver", 10 );
add_ChecklistItem( "whiskey sour", 10 );
add_ChecklistItem( "monkey wrench", 10 );
add_ChecklistItem( "tequila sunrise", 10 );
add_ChecklistItem( "wine spritzer", 10 );
add_ChecklistItem( "whiskey and soda", 10 );
add_ChecklistItem( "martini", 10 );
add_ChecklistItem( "salty dog", 10 );
add_ChecklistItem( "vodka martini", 10 );
add_ChecklistItem( "strawberry daiquiri", 10 );
add_ChecklistItem( "margarita", 10 );

//Misc weapons - clockwork weapons can be pretty handy at lower levels - 2009-04-25 - Raven434
add_ChecklistItem( "clockwork sword" );
add_ChecklistItem( "clockwork staff" );
add_ChecklistItem( "clockwork crossbow" );

Anne Noise

About to use this script for the first time, thanks in advance.

Just curious, why include food/booze but not spleen?

Raven434

I decided that getting more stats and advs from food / booze was more beneficial than using a pull on a spleen.

It is also based on an assumption, that I have a lot of the various types of wads in my storage at Hagnk's which I will get back after ronin is broken.

That being said, I am looking at not-a-pipes and some other stuff on the spleen page of the wiki...

WelshRarePasta

Thanks for the script Raven!

I was looking for something to help me with my terrible memory when it comes to stocking Hagnk's pre-ascension. I think I missed a sub-600 SC run yesterday because of forgetting to stock black pepper before I ascended :mad: .

This should help dramatically! It's also REALLY interesting, reading your default items and amounts, to peer into the mind of how someone else pulls during SC!

WRP/C

Bale

Minion
Huh? What would a hardcore version of this do? You have no pulls in hardcore so I just don't understand the purpose.