Has anyone ever made a mail bot?

SirZat

I had an idea the other night while I was timing in, looking for mail. Has anyone ever made a script that stays logged-in and checks mail? It would be great if it would sound some kind of an alert when you got mail, has anyone here seen a script like that?

Nightmist

You do realise mafia already alerts you when theres mail in your inbox on login, im not sure if it alerts when you receive mail but I always assumed it did (In that "events" window that pops up)??

SirZat

It only alerts on time in, what I'm talking about is a script that would time in every 30 minutes or so and alert if you have mail.

Nightmist

[quote author=SirZat link=topic=174.msg866#msg866 date=1148222537]
It only alerts on time in, what I'm talking about is a script that would time in every 30 minutes or so and alert if you have mail.
[/quote]

Turns out you are totally right, it only does the events popup when you would usually visit seaside//main map since thats were it would alert you of new messages usually...

The only way I can think of is a method that uses a "wait" command and thus freezes mafia for those 30 minutes and then checks for mail... and then freezes for another 30 minutes... (Acually it would probably be less then 30 minutes since the session would time out but in the end it doesnt really matter apart from making mafia need to re-login every time it tries to refresh, eg need auto-time in on time-out turned on.)

So the question is: Do you want to be able to use mafia while you are running this mail checking script?...
(Because if you do get mail you will need to use the "stop all" command to stop the script before you can do stuff on mafia. Infact you will need to use that "stop all" button to want to do anything on mafia while this script is running.)

Nightmist

This script here runs fine on 6.4 (Heh yes I do need to update some time soon >>)

Just remember it currently needs the auto-time-in-on-time-out option turned on since it waits 30 minutes... (You can edit it to wait a shorter time by decreasing the number in the "wait();")

It might also have some undetected memory problems but im not sure... (Seeing how it loops a very very long wait)...

Oh and if you get mail it should pop-up in the "new events" box thing.

Nightmist

[quote author=SirZat link=topic=174.msg874#msg874 date=1148440141]
What is your KoL name, if I may ask?
[/quote]

Same-Name-In-Game so Nightmist.