Lead Necklace Switch

exdeath

When I get a lead necklace I don't try for the regular familiar equipment.

I wrote this script to unequip the lead necklace, switch familiars, and equip the lead necklace again.

Yeah I know I'm lazy. :p :p :p

The variables say statfamiliar and itemfamiliar, but those are just worthless variable names. You can do this with any familiars (starfish, leprechaun, etc...)

It makes things a little more convenient. I'm not sure where this script would go on these forums though, so I put it here.

Attachments

• lead_necklace_switch.ash
    1.1 KB · Views: 103

tedrock

ok is the lead necklace better? i read the wiki on it and it only says it gives +3 compaired to the +5 their own equip gives... Does it help them earn stats faster or something/

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
There's currently a bug that prevents this from working, but KoLmafia is coded to automatically steal a lead necklace from whichever familiar has it if you try to equip it and it's not in inventory.

I just fixed the bug and it will be available in the next release (or next daily build), but this shows how it's supposed to operate.

Starting with a lead necklace in inventory, a leprechaun with a Meat detector, and a Grue with moonglasses, I execute various CLI commands:

>equip lead necklace
Taking off meat detector...
Gear changed.
Putting on lead necklace...
Gear changed.
Request completed.

>familiar grue
Putting Tot the Leprechaun back into terrarium...
Taking Gog the Grue out of terrarium...
Request completed.

>equip lead necklace
Stealing lead necklace from Leprechaun...
Taking off moonglasses...
Gear changed.
Gear changed.
Request completed.

>familiar leprechaun
Putting Gog the Grue back into terrarium...
Taking Tot the Leprechaun out of terrarium...
Request completed.

>equip lead necklace
Stealing lead necklace from Grue...
Gear changed.
Request completed.

exdeath

Na this script works. I used cli_executes to do the unequip and equip scripts. I'm not sure of the normal unequip/equip familiar commands. I was using it yesterday :)

Code:
#unequips current familiar
cli_execute("inv_equip.php?pwd=&action=unequip&type=familiarequip&terrarium=1"); 

#equips the lead necklace like you would from the inventory
cli_execute("inv_equip.php?pwd=&which=2&action=equip&whichitem=865");

Tedrock: Well I play in hardcore, so when I get a lead necklace I just stick with that and share it between my familiars. Technically I could spend another 10 turns at the arena and level my item familiar more (9 runs with the item familiar & 1 with my stat one to get the equipment), but I usually just stick with the lead necklace. The arena is pretty costly in the early part of the hardcore run. :-\

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=exdeath link=topic=166.msg829#msg829 date=1147908965]
Na this script works. I used cli_executes to do the unequip and equip scripts. I'm not sure of the normal unequip/equip familiar commands.[/quote]
You might want to learn to use standard commands rather than raw URLs. My example showed you the standard CLI commands you'd want to use. ASH has equivalent commands.

exdeath

I use both. If I don't know what it is then I'll use the execute. ::) This works just fine. You said yourself the non-cli_execute version of this is bugged -_-