Killswitch

amosmj

I'm not sure what the right section for this is but:

I'd like to have a killswitch built into a script. I have a buffbot that I run but I work from a lot of different computers so I'd like to be able to stop him and work on him from somewhere else and sometimes it would be nice if certain other people could take control of the Buffbot for a special case. As it stands, by bot uses the built in Buffbot functionality. It uses it for 10 turns then checks some things then does another ten turns. I see that gap of checking for other things as my opportunity to have it meet some criteria and call the logout or exit command. The question I have is what should he check. The built in buffbot function deletes kmails but saves donations, from what I can tell. Perhaps something in an enclosed donation?

Any ideas?

cankergoyle

you could simply hack the buffbot portion of the code to recognize a kmail keyword from a set of whitelisted accounts (either hardwired or taken from the current clan-wide whitelist functionality). This would be part of the normal buffbot process, so could shut down instantly thereafter.

Starting it back up will always be a problem though...either you must do so manually or wait for a pre-specified cronjob to reboot it.

amosmj

Thanks for the start. I'll take a look. I'm fussing with his regular scripts at the moment.
The good news is that there are a couple of us who will have his files, we'd kill him specifically so someone else could run him. Then at rollover he'd pick back up from his usual home.