need some help with my script

MacGregor

ok im fairly good with basic scripts...but who isnt?

ive got my scripts to eat, drink, spleen, do my bounty (didnt make it, found it here), and adventure where i want

but i was wondering if i could check to see if it was the feast of boris or St. Sneaky Pete's Day and eat and rink accordingly

can i do this in a basic script or would i have to do an ash script like:
If feast of boris
call fob.txt
elseif sneaky pete's day
call sneakypete.txt
else
call adventure.txt

i appreciate any help

dangerpin

If you would do a search of the board with the word "holiday" you would find the answer to your question. The answer being that KoL holiday scripting is frowned upon. Totally doable, but frowned upon.

I really don't think I can say it much better than it has been said in the past. Here are a few of my favorite quotes.

[quote author=macman104 link=topic=372.msg2040#msg2040 date=1156465729]
I think part of it is/was that mafia was, from what I understand, a tool to be used to make it so you didn't have to sit through all the mundane boredom of certain repetitive times. Holidays are a special occurance, that are supposed to be enjoyed, not botted away. At least that's the general feeling I've gotten.
[/quote]

[quote author=holatuwol link=topic=490.msg2386#msg2386 date=1160004965]
KoLmafia tells you in nice friendly text when you login that it's a holiday. .... Holiday stuff ... meh, if you can't be bothered to think about the game at least three times every ninety six days, you need to find a new game.
[/quote]

asturia

Minion
Well there is a way to automatize this.
I use the following entry in my script:

Code:
if(contains_text(visit_url("main.php"), "Today is the Feast of Boris!"))
{
//eat stuff that you want.
}

You can use the same principle for other holidays

zarqon

[quote author=asturia link=topic=1859.msg8761#msg8761 date=1219303060]
automatize[/quote]

Love it.