sending gifts

itamaram

Does KolMafia handle gift sending?
Say I want to send an identical gift (items a,b,c,d in chocolate box with the same inside and outside note) to many people, can KolMafia do it?

Tirian

Not as such. You may want to investigate recording a script in which you send one box out and then see how much trouble it would be to modify it to create a function where you pass the name of a player to send a box to. But I've never really tried recording scripts so I wouldn't know for sure how to go about that. ???

itamaram

[quote author=Tirian link=topic=159.msg780#msg780 date=1147469513]
Not as such.  You may want to investigate recording a script in which you send one box out and then see how much trouble it would be to modify it to create a function where you pass the name of a player to send a box to.  But I've never really tried recording scripts so I wouldn't know for sure how to go about that.  ???
[/quote]

Neither. But that sounds like a pretty good idea...
Can I record scripts while using the mini-browser?
Lets find out!

Nightmist

If not you can always go get the URL for it since its going to be the same package. But im not sure if mafia's going to handle the note very well with this method.

itamaram

Worry not! mission partially accomplished!
The code to send a gift package is:

town_sendgift.php?towho=
playername
&contact=
ID of a player from your conatct list
&note=
outside note (+ are used as spaces)
&insidenote=
inside note
&whichpackage=
package type (numerical. 1 for wrapper 2 for <3 etc.)
&fromwhere=
not sure. I am guessing 0 for inventory, some other value for hagnk. needs testing.
&howmany1=
quantity of first item.
&whichitem1=
numerical index of first item eg. 1510 for bag of airline peanuts
.untested, but probably more items are placed here.
&sendmeat=
meat amount to be attached
&action=Yep.&pwd&giftsend=Send+Package

just remove the comments and fill in the details. Voila! Repeated message sending is a breeze.

just wondering, whats the "action=Yep." statement do? (full stop is intentional)

Nightmist

towho= isnt needed its just a field thats selected when you use that dropdown thing with your contacts on it.

fromwhere= 0 = Inventory, 1 = Hagnk's

The howmany and whichitem I think just have increasing numerical counters. (So like howmany2= then whichitem2= and so on)

As for the action thing, not to sure but I dont think its needed either but I suppose its better to be safe and have it.

just wondering, whats the "action=Yep." statement do?
I believe this might relate to Dev testing. There are several links you can generate which contain fields like this which seem to not have a purpose.

An example of possible Dev testing would be "action=log" in which case possibly a log is generated on the server for every step of the package being sent. completely theory though.

itamaram

Thanks for that, but I do want to send gift packages rather than Kmails.

And about Dev testings... Thats very itneresting. If we will be able to solve their devious code than the secrets of hot stuffing would be ours!

[quote author=itamaram link=topic=159.msg793#msg793 date=1147514494]
Thanks for that, but I do want to send gift packages rather than Kmails.

And about Dev testings... Thats very itneresting. If we will be able to solve their devious code than the secrets of hot stuffing would be ours!
[/quote]

Umm, to late. The secret to hot stuffing is out.

BTW if we were able to decipher the code, then sending non tradable items would become possible. Sending items we don't have might even become possible. Imagine send 50,000 incredibly dense meat gems to Jick :p Mainly sending non tradables. Yes, I have recieved a non tradable item in a kmail from an admin. There is a way to do it...somewhere.

macman104

[quote author=itamaram link=topic=159.msg793#msg793 date=1147514494]
Thanks for that, but I do want to send gift packages rather than Kmails.[/quote]Hmmm, then I think you may be out of luck, because if they are available to receive items through kmail, then the person will receive a kmail, and not a gift pacakge. Is this like for a game or something where you're sending out prizes or something, I'm just trying to figure out an instance where you would want to send it as a package and not a kmail, especially since all packages cost meat now. Also, it send items with the most optimal packaging. Meaning if you have access to a package that holds 5 items and you need to send 7, I believe maifa sends a 5 items pacakge and then a 2 item package.

itamaram

[quote author=macman104 link=topic=159.msg796#msg796 date=1147525841]
Hmmm, then I think you may be out of luck, because if they are available to receive items through kmail, then the person will receive a kmail, and not a gift pacakge.  Is this like for a game or something where you're sending out prizes or something, I'm just trying to figure out an instance where you would want to send it as a package and not a kmail, especially since all packages cost meat now.  Also, it send items with the most optimal packaging.  Meaning if you have access to a package that holds 5 items and you need to send 7, I believe maifa sends a 5 items pacakge and then a 2 item package.
[/quote]

Read a few posts above, I have already found the code to send a sepcific package with a specific item to a specific reciepient. I am not using the "send" command. I was just saying it is not suitable to my needs.