MMG

S

Spenceinator

Is there any sort of script for the mmg that would make a bet of say, 1000, and then double it if you lose. This is a tested and proven algorithem that really works unless you lose 27 times in a row.
If anyone that is 1337 unlike me could code this, e-mail me. Thanks

jollyjonathan2@gmail.com

Tirian

[quote author=Spenceinator link=topic=153.msg750#msg750 date=1147269096]
Is there any sort of script for the mmg that would make a bet of say, 1000, and then double it if you lose. This is a tested and proven algorithem that really works unless you lose 27 times in a row.
[/quote]

MMG functionality is already built into KoLmafia. It isn't in scripts, but just running an ordinary Martingale like you want is the basic workflow for it. http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/viewtopic.php?t=54870 is a link to that thread.

On a personal level, I would encourage you to investigate Martingales further before risking your meat on it. In order for a Martingale to survive 27 losses with an initial bet of 1000 meat, you'd need a bankroll of well over one hundred billion meat, and you'd be laying all that on the table just for the hope of walking away with 1000 more meat than you had when you started. But you are welcome to learn from experience if that is your preference.

Edit: :-[ I added an illion instead of subtracting one. We're also failing to consider that you actually have to more than double your bet each round because you will need to cover an increasingly large house percentage when you do win. I mean, if you did make this hundred billion meat bet and finally won, you wouldn't actually be ahead 1000 meat because you'd have to tip the house a hundred million meat.

For homework tonight, students, calculate how much you actually have to risk on the twenty-seventh bet assuming that you wanted to "guarantee" winding up with the same result as winning a 1000 meat bet on the first round.

exdeath

tested and proven? The double your bet strategy starting at 1000 will give you a bet of 1,024,000 at 10 losses and it's at 32,768,000 by 15 losses. I don't know what behind you pulled 27 out of but by then it's far beyond the 100,000,000 mark. (FAR FAR beyond). At 27 losses that would be a bet of 134,217,728,000 to make that 1000 back.

I used to do the double your bet strategy starting at 1,000,000, and it worked for me... Luckily for me I only had freak winning streaks. One freak losing streak and you lose everything. I spent it all before I could lose it, but either way it's not a good system.