Quest Compilation (minor)

I have put together my 2.5 quest scripts into one script.

Tomorrow, I will be high enough level to test the Orc Chasm part of it.

And, I need to retest the friars part to verify it's quality...

But here is the script. It is designed to be stand alone, or you could import it if you want.

Attachments

• QuestCompilationASH.ash
    3.2 KB · Views: 301

Tirian

That's very nice coding.

The Friar's quest looks fine to me, although my personal taste is to search for the dodecagram last since the fights in the other two locations are slightly simpler.

The Abridged Dictionary quest seems like it should work, although it will definitely talk back at you if you don't have your dingy dinghy built or haven't worked things out with the Untinkerer. This is a king-size annoyance from the point of view of having to write code for four or five other miniquests.

My main concern about the Orc Chasm is that you might not want to read your stat script today, but rather save it for a stat day. Also, it's probably safer to do this out of ASH because the dictionary does a whole lot more damage than your weapons tend to with a lot less fumbling. Hopefully someday we'll have the power to adventure with specified combat tactics in ASH, but until then this might one quest that it's easier to do by hand.

[quote author=Tirian link=topic=152.msg757#msg757 date=1147300902]
The Abridged Dictionary quest seems like it should work, although it will definitely talk back at you if you don't have your dingy dinghy built or haven't worked things out with the Untinkerer. This is a king-size annoyance from the point of view of having to write code for four or five other miniquests. [/quote]

I agree. But I am not trying to encompass all possibilities in one script for a couple of reasons.

1) I agree with Holatuwol in that scripts should not run the character for you. And they should only make your playing simpler.

And (perhaps more importantly)

2) There is no intuitive way to do all the tests I would like to do. And when I can not do everything I wish, I revert to K.I.S.S.

[quote author=Tirian link=topic=152.msg757#msg757 date=1147300902]
My main concern about the Orc Chasm is that you might not want to read your stat script today, but rather save it for a stat day. Also, it's probably safer to do this out of ASH because the dictionary does a whole lot more damage than your weapons tend to with a lot less fumbling. Hopefully someday we'll have the power to adventure with specified combat tactics in ASH, but until then this might one quest that it's easier to do by hand.
[/quote]

I understand the desire to hold onto the stat script. My personal problem on that is that I would forget to use it if I didn't do it right off. :p

Of course, if we ever get the ability to detect specific stat days I could expand my OpeningScript to check for that and the presence of any stat items... But for now, this suits my purpose.

And I use this script, in this fashion, because I am in an indefinite normal ascension series. I have a ton of scrolls, and will not need to adventure for any for quite some time.

So when I run the script, I do not even adventure in the Valley.

hippymon

... I am having problems with the whole Orc Chasm thing.. everytime I use it, it automatically starts to buy the Swashbuckling Getup and do that quest, even on my level 18. :S

That script is nearing a year old, and has probably been forgotten. I have a quick fix for it though which might work if you want to test it.
Find the function boolean startorcchasm() in the script.

Add the following code to the very beginning of that function:

Code:
        if(contains_text(visit_url("mountains.php"), "valley2.gif"))
        {
                return true;
        }

It should look like this after you are done:

Code:
boolean startorcchasm()
{
        if(contains_text(visit_url("mountains.php"), "valley2.gif"))
        {
                return true;
        }
	boolean questvalue = false;
	if( item_amount( $item[dictionary]) < 1)
	{

What this will do is check to see if you have completed the bridge portion before carrying on with trying to complete it. If you have already completed the bridge, it returns true which appears to be the desired return value of that function for the orc chasm being bridged. This was not a possibility when the original script was written. I think the script will still try to complete the creating of scrolls wether you have completed that part or not though.

Metraxis

Here's my take on that Quest.

(Taken from unpublished Lib.Ascension)
Code:
	if(my_level() >= 9) {
		if(item_amount($item[giant pinky ring]) < 1) {
			cli_execute("leaflet");
		}
		if(!contains_text(CompleteLog,"A Quest, LOL")) {
			if(!contains_text(OpenLog,"A Quest, LOL")) { council(); }
			if(!satisfied(Goals["Island: Swashbuckling Outfit"])) {
				return Goals["Island: Swashbuckling Outfit"];
			}
			if(!satisfied(Goals["Island: Abdriged Dictionary"])) { 
				outfit("Swashbuckling Getup");
				return Goals["Island: Abdriged Dictionary"];
			}
			if(item_amount($item[abridged dictionary]) > 0) { cli_execute("untinker " + item_to_string($item[abridged dicionary])); }
			if(item_amount($item[bridge]) > 0) { adventure(1,$location[Bridge the Orc Chasm]); }
			if(!satisfied(Goals["Valley: Quest"]))  { return Goals["Valley: Quest"]; }
			use(1,$item[64735 scroll]);
		}
	}

(And from Lib.Goal, for clarity)
Code:
Goals["Island: Abdriged Dictionary"].Construct("A", "IT");
Goals["Island: Abdriged Dictionary"].total = 1;
Goals["Island: Abdriged Dictionary"].ItemList[$item[abridged dictionary]] = 1;
Goals["Island: Abdriged Dictionary"].ItemList[$item[dictionary]] = 1;
Goals["Island: Abdriged Dictionary"].ItemList[$item[facsimile dictionary]] = 1;
Goals["Island: Abdriged Dictionary"].area = $location[Pirate Cove];