Zipped ASH Quest Collection

macman104

I'm looking for those people who have written a script for every quest. I thought it'd be nice to consolidate it all. So I'm asking, if you have made ASH or CLI scripts for every quest, if you might zip them and post a zipped folder containing an ASH script for each quest. This would be nice for people so they don't have to go and search for every single quest and download the scripts then save them.

Ideally these scripts will be stand alone, or have minimal library requirements. I realize that some people have them contained in their much larger scripts, but they often require other functions in the or pulling of items (so, mildly useless for hardcore). I've been working on writing scripts for all of these but finals week is hampering that ability. So I'm hoping someone has done it already :)

Tirian

I probably have 80% of the quests right now. But, as you can probably guess, they require my mammoth library. Actually, now I'm even up to two libraries. :)

I think that you raise an important point, which is that a script that is good for softcore runs might not be right for hardcore, and a function that assumes that you're under a Muscle sign isn't going to be good for people who aren't. We should probably make our assumptions clearer over in the quest forums so people can be more educated "shoppers".

[quote author=Tirian link=topic=146.msg728#msg728 date=1146966745]
I probably have 80% of the quests right now.  But, as you can probably guess, they require my mammoth library.  Actually, now I'm even up to two libraries. :)

I think that you raise an important point, which is that a script that is good for softcore runs might not be right for hardcore, and a function that assumes that you're under a Muscle sign isn't going to be good for people who aren't.  We should probably make our assumptions clearer over in the quest forums so people can be more educated "shoppers".

[/quote]

Tirian, My icy peak meat farming script covers the possible signs so that it can handle the mushroom fields if you are a Muscle sign, and can supertinker clockwork spheres if you are a moxie sign. Feel free to replicate my work, or import some of it's functions into your Mammoth library.

Tirian

I'm sorry. What I mean is tasks that everyone has to do that are done differently depending on what sign you are. As an example, the meatcar function that I've been using for a while now is simply pulling your meat engine and dope wheels out of Hagnk's and pasting them together. Not only is that not hardcore-friendly, but it's a waste of a pull if you're in a muscle sign because you can buy a meat engine for only a couple hundred meat and not even any adventures.

[quote author=Tirian link=topic=146.msg732#msg732 date=1147004755]
I'm sorry.  What I mean is tasks that everyone has to do that are done differently depending on what sign you are.  As an example, the meatcar function that I've been using for a while now is simply pulling your meat engine and dope wheels out of Hagnk's and pasting them together.  Not only is that not hardcore-friendly, but it's a waste of a pull if you're in a muscle sign because you can buy a meat engine for only a couple hundred meat and not even any adventures. [/quote]

Totally missed what I was saying.

A section of IcyPeak.ash
Code:
Boolean IsZodiacStat(stat Test)
  {
  if(Test == $Stat[Muscle])
    {
    if(my_zodiac() == $zodiac[wallaby] || my_zodiac() == $zodiac[vole] || my_zodiac() == $zodiac[mongoose])
      {return true;}}
  if(Test == $Stat[Mysticality])
    {
    if(my_zodiac() == $zodiac[Platypus] || my_zodiac() == $zodiac[Opossum] || my_zodiac() == $zodiac[Marmot])
      {return true;}
    }
  if(Test == $Stat[Moxie])
    {
    if(my_zodiac() == $zodiac[Wombat] || my_zodiac() == $zodiac[Blender] || my_zodiac() == $zodiac[Packrat])
      {return true;}
    }
  return false;
  }

Can be used:

Code:
if(IsZodiacStat($stat[muscle]))
{
buy(1, $item[spring]);
buy(1, $item[cog]);
buy(1, $item[sprocket];
//well you get the picture
}
else
{
//either adv for parts or pull parts, whichever.
}

The function I wrote IsZodiacStat(stat) was written just for that reason. In my IcyPeak.ash script, I only use it for determining if muscle, or moxie sign for the mushroom fields and supertinkering. There are many other places where just such a function is needed. The meat car quest is just such a place. I was just trying to point out that 1 function which I figured you could use at least the concept of in your own scripts. It could also be used to determine if you have access to the mind control device or the sign based food/drink, or for that matter, if you test all 3, and get false, you have a character that never has ascended at all.

Macman104, sorry for the slight threadjack there, Just trying to nudge the request along with more open minded scripts which handle the various signs as needed.