Boss Bat MCD Nag Screen

Lxndr

Okay! I don't normally mind the MCD nag screen, but if I'm manually in the relay browser and I'm in the Boss Bat Lair, it seriously asks me EVERY TIME about my MCD setting (since I tend to see a few bodyguard bats before the boss). Is there a switch I need to flip so that it won't do it anymore?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
There is nothing you can do about it. The alternative is never seeing that screen (with no way to enable it) because mafia isn't going to track how many turns you've spent there, and people would complain about that too.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I imagine we could disable it if you've ever seen it this session - using a variable in KoLCharacter, not a preference. I suppose somebody would complain that they didn't have a chance to change their mind, but this note's complaint is much more likely, I think; I've certainly seen it from other people.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The response before was that people specifically want to spend 3 turns (or is it 4? the people that care probably know) before changing it. Even if a setting was added, most people wouldn't know about it without asking. I expect that it's possible to make everyone happy (accurate tracking of turns spent there this ascension, only show the warning once after enough turns have been spent there), but does that lead to people wanting accurate tracking of turns spent in every zone? There are a lot of areas where I care about that tracking more than I do in the boss bat's lair.

It doesn't really matter to me what happens there, so I won't be messing with the status quo.

Bale

Minion
How about a brilliant compromise that gets around the whole issue of adding a setting?

On the MCD warning screen, add a check-box that says "Don't show this warning again until you leave the bathole." If the player checks it, then disable the MCD screen until the player adventures at another location.

Last edited:

Erich

I suppose somebody would complain that they didn't have a chance to change their mind, but this note's complaint is much more likely, I think; I've certainly seen it from other people.

I doubt I'd hear that complaint. I mean, there have been times I changed my mind too late after the fortune cookie warning popped up, because you only see that once, but I would hate to see it more than that.

How about a brilliant compromise that gets around the whole issue of adding a setting?

On the MCD warning screen, add a check-box that says "Don't show this warning again until you leave the bathole." If the player checks it, then disable the MCD screen until the player adventures at another location.

I would be 150% for this. The boss bat nag screen is my least favorite thing about mafia.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I think I could add a button to disable it for the session. Tracking when you adventure somewhere else and then return seems overly complicated. It will probably take me a few ascensions to make sure it works correctly and looks decent.

Lxndr

I think I could add a button to disable it for the session. Tracking when you adventure somewhere else and then return seems overly complicated. It will probably take me a few ascensions to make sure it works correctly and looks decent.

I'm no power-user, but I'd be happy with this.