Autoadventure drop-down goals

Lxndr

I'm not sure I'm referring to them by their accepted kolmafia term, but you know on the Adventure tab, where you can choose a zone and auto-adventure in that zone? And below it you can put a goal?

In the 8-bit realm, there's two pre-programmed goals: 1 digital key, and +1 fireflower.

I always want 1 digital key, and 4 red pixel potions. (yes, gasp, I'm suboptimal.)

Is there a file I can edit to put that in my default drop-down list?

Bale

Minion
You can edit the goals right in the box. Click in the box and type. (Don't type the word "and" — just put a comma between the two conditions.)

Bale

Minion
Well, if that is really what you want, it can be done...

Open the jar with an unzipping tool. Grab adventures.txt and put it in your /data directory. Edit your default options there with a non-formatted text editor.

Warning: This file in /data will override mafia's default behavior so if this default file in the jar is updated in KoLmafia for any reason such as adding a new adventuring location you will be using an outdated version of adventures.txt and be responsible for updating it yourself. Please do not report a bug resulting from using an outdated version of adventures.txt because we really hate it when people report bugs resulting from using their own data files.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Is this a worthwhile feature? Off the top of my head, if there is a particular user edited file in .\data then the default is populated from that, otherwise it is populated from the data in the jar. This seems within my skill set and time budget so if it is a good idea, we can flesh it out and it might happen.

Theraze

Personally, if this happens I'd be more expecting this to become something where people accidentally delete the standard goals and then start asking why they're gone... If there's no way to remove goals, that's not an issue, but then becomes one of people having multiple incorrect goals they don't actually want in their list and...

I wouldn't spend too much work on this unless it's something you actually want. It isn't adding new functionality... you can already set custom goals. It's just adding in a layer of confusion and customization.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Personally, if this happens I'd be more expecting this to become something where people accidentally delete the standard goals and then start asking why they're gone... If there's no way to remove goals, that's not an issue, but then becomes one of people having multiple incorrect goals they don't actually want in their list and...

I wouldn't spend too much work on this unless it's something you actually want. It isn't adding new functionality... you can already set custom goals. It's just adding in a layer of confusion and customization.

I'm not sure we are both describing the same potential feature. When a goal is set there is a dropdown that has "suggested" goals that can be selected. I thought the request was to allow the user to persistently add one or more items to that list. I am not thinking of overwriting mafia's defaults or even hiding them and in no way am I expecting to turn this into some kind of MRU list. I figure -since I don't have the code on this machine - somewhere something reads the info from the jar and constructs the drop down list for the area. I would intercept that and just append choices from a user file assuming the file exists and there is something in the file that applies to the area. The user interface to create or change an additional suggested goal would be a text editor. The only checking done to a string would be the same as what is done when a custom goal is typed in.