ChibiParent

eegee

ChibiParent 0.77
A simple script that automates raising your ChibiBuddy™. This script needs minimal tweaking and will try use balancing over adventuring unless close enough to optimal values.
As a responsible parent, this script will never kill your ChibiBuddy™ during the current day. This script is also capable of keeping your buddy alive for the 11-day trophy.

How to Use
  • Download "ChibiParent.ash" to your scripts folder
  • Modify any settings listed below (defaults work just fine)
  • Run directly or add to your automation
--> This script needs ZLib, so make sure you have that in your scripts folder as well.

Settings
chibiParent_allowBalancing & chibiParent_allowAdventuring : true/false [default: true & true]
Allows ChibiParent to use balancing and/or adventuring.​
chibiParent_haveChat : true/false [default: true]
Let ChibiParent have a chat with ChibiBuddy™ at the end of the script.​
chibiParent_pause : any number greater than or equal to 0 [default: 5]
The time to pause before trying to balance/adventure.​

chibiParent_allowDynamicBounds : true/false [default: true]
Allow ChibiParent to dynamically adjust the bounds that determine when to use adventuring instead of balancing. (see "How it Works")​
chibiParent_distanceTillAdventure : any number greater than or equal to 0 [default: 2]
The activation distance to prefer adventuring. The distance is the total distance of all the stats from their the optima. Set to 0 to disable.​

chibiParent_irresponsible : true/false [default: false]
Turns ChibiParent into an 'irresponsible' parent by allowing the script to continue balancing, even after the script determined that balancing might kill your ChibiBuddy™ and the daily adventures have been depleted.
Having this setting enabled forces chatting with your ChibiBuddy™ (if allowed) at the *start* of the script.​

To change a setting, use ZLib in the CLI. For example, to change pause time to 0 type:
Code:
zlib chibiParent_pause = 0

There is also an implicit verbosity setting provided by ZLib. If you are not seeing any output from ChibiParent, make sure this is at least 1 using the command below. Normally verbosity is 3.
Code:
zlib verbosity = 1

Automation
If you don't have an On Login script, you can use ChibiParent as one. To do this, type in the following in the CLI.
Code:
set loginScript=ChibiParent.ash
If you have an On Login script, call ChibiParent at the end or use the following below, to avoid your script from stopping if ChibiParent aborts.
Code:
cli_execute("try; ChibiParent");

Adding a Daily Deed
If you would like to chat with ChibiBuddy™ manually using a daily deed, disable chibiParent_haveChat and enter the code below into the CLI. After that you can move the new button around in Preferences > Daily Deeds.
Code:
ashq set_property("dailyDeedsOptions", get_property("dailyDeedsOptions") + ",$CUSTOM|Simple|Chat with ChibiBuddy™|ashq import ChibiParent; haveChat();|1")

How it Works (by default)
ChibiParent will use both balancing and adventuring to aim for [4, 4, 6, 6] stat levels. These levels are best when balancing according to the discussion at How to Chibi.
If you only have adventuring adventuring enabled, the optimal stat levels that the script will aim for are [5, 5, 5, 5].

Initially ChibiParent will try balance the stats. Three conditions are necessary for balancing to happen:
  • each stat will be given a priority level (#40), and all levels must be less than 4
  • there must be at least two stats less than or equal to 5, and at least two stats greater than or equal to 5
  • the distance of each stat from it optimal level will be totalled and this total must be more than chibiParent_distanceTillAdventure
If any of these conditions are not met, ChibiParent will use adventures until these all these conditions are met. Adventuring will correct the stat furthest from its optimal level.

As more adventures are used ChibiParent will dynamically adjust the bound used for the max priority level. When 2 or more adventures have been used, the max priority will be set to 3.

Once all the adventures have been used up, ChibiParent will no longer try balancing since random events can be deadly. However, you can still turn on 'irresponsibility' to force balancing.

Version history
v0.77 fixed a bug with young buddies
v0.7 moved chat to end of script; added trophy detection
v0.6 redid logic for choosing when to balance; fixed adventuring bug introduced in v0.5; removed choice of optimals
v0.5 improved adventuring logic for keeping buddy alive; made creating a daily deed easier
v0.4 added dynamic bounds, summary output, and tweaking of internal logic
v0.3 fixed a logic issue when adventuring
v0.2 changed way of executing actions; added output of results
v0.1 initial release

TODO
  • add extra logging for debugging purposes (might not be needed)
  • allow the script to cope with the loss of a buddy, and bring it back to life

Disclaimer
If you think the script is under performing, keep an eye at output for Random event!(s). Results may vary depending on KoL's RNG. :)
Also, the stat levels seem to have sub-stat levels. So don't worry if it looks like a balance/adventure had no effect.

Attachments

• ChibiParent.ash
    11.4 KB · Views: 1,059
Last edited:
Problem

Updating ChibiBuddy.txt to '2012-12-30T14:08:05-08:00'...
...ChibiBuddy.txt updated.
[ChibiBuddyô (on)] has no matches.
ChibiBuddy is not turned on.

My ChibiBuddy is on.

I hacked some lines to get it to run, but it didn't balance to 4,4,6,6 (not even close)

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
eegee, thanks a lot for this script. It has been taking care of my ChibiBuddy for the last few days. During that time it has not needed to spend a single adventure to maintain my chibi. Just perfect.

Only two complaints and they're reasonably minor.
  1. Instead of cli_execute("try; use ChibiBuddy™ (on)"); it might be nice (though not essential) if you would use visit_url( "inv_use.php?pwd&ajax=1&whichitem=5908" ); so that we could avoid the potential error that would occur if the choice adventure was set for some reason. That could happen someday. It would also be nice to stop getting unsupport choice errors. After that you could use visit_url() to select the options.
  2. Only have a ChibiChat if zlib.chibi.chat is true.

Last edited:
The script worked much better after those two changes. Thanks to all!

However, with one of my accounts, I don't see updated chibi stats, and I am
getting a message:

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
You acquire an effect: ChibiChanged™ (duration: 10 Adventures)
Unsupported choice adventure #627
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

choice 1: Feed your ChibiBuddy™
choice 2: Entertain your ChibiBuddy™
choice 3: Interact with your ChibiBuddy™
choice 4: Explore with your ChibiBuddy™
choice 5: Have a ChibiChat™
choice 6: Watch your ChibiBuddy™ for a while
choice 7: Put your ChibiBuddy™ away
Countdown: 5 seconds...
Countdown: 4 seconds...
Countdown: 3 seconds...
Countdown: 2 seconds...
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
Unsupported choice adventure #631

choice 1: Feed your ChibiBuddy™
choice 2: Entertain your ChibiBuddy™
choice 3: Interact with your ChibiBuddy™
choice 4: Explore with your ChibiBuddy™
choice 6: Watch your ChibiBuddy™ for a while
choice 7: Put your ChibiBuddy™ away
Unsupported choice adventure #627

choice 1: Go Rock-Climbing (1)
choice 2: Read the Tome of Tropes (1)
choice 3: Solve a Mystery with Shadow
choice 4: Sign Chibibuddy™ up for a Marathon
choice 5: Show Shadow some Magic Eye Puzzles
choice 6: Do something else with your ChibiBuddy
Waiting completed.
Unsupported choice adventure #629
Click here to continue in the relay browse

... etc ...

Last edited:
Ok, here is the debug log (it just repeats a lot) because the script kept generating the error.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20130101.txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 123

eegee

I have released a new version!

1. .. use visit_url( "inv_use.php?pwd&ajax=1&whichitem=5908" ); .. use visit_url() to select the options.
  2. Only have a ChibiChat if zlib.chibi.chat is true.

Thanks, I have changed all the actions to use visit_url(). I'm also using that method for turning the ChibiBuddy™ on.
I've made a variable chibiParent_haveChat instead of zlib.chibi.chat. Did you want the latter instead as a global option? I can do that in the next release.

Ok, here is the debug log (it just repeats a lot) because the script kept generating the error.
The new version should no longer generate any entries in the debug log :p

Yes, the debug log is gone, however I am still seeing a difference in behavior between two different accounts.

The good account looks like this:

> call scripts/ChibiParent.ash

Already got ChibiChangedô today.
--- Current Stats ---
Intelligence: 3
Socialization: 4
Alignment: 4
Fitness: 6
--- Total dots: 17 ---
ADVENTURING to increase 'Intelligence'.
following path => Entertain, 1
Waiting completed.
No more optimizations available.

But the bad account looks like this:

> call scripts/ChibiParent.ash

Waiting completed.
No more optimizations available.

Any ideas on why the bad account isn't printing out the stats?

eegee

That stats printout is determined ZLib's verbosity. Just make sure the verbosity on the 'bad' account is at least 1.

You can check the verbosity using the following command:
Code:
zlib verbosity
..and set it using:
Code:
zlib verbosity = 1

That stats printout is determined ZLib's verbosity. Just make sure the verbosity on the 'bad' account is at least 1.

You can check the verbosity using the following command:
Code:
zlib verbosity
..and set it using:
Code:
zlib verbosity = 1

Yup, that fixed it! Thanks!

Theraze

Just so you know, 'normal' verbosity is 3, not 1. So if you want to see what other accounts see, set zlib verbosity = 3, not zlib verbosity = 1. Unless very minimal text is what you want.

Bale

Minion
@eegee: Thanks for the changes! They are much appreciated. I'm quite fond of this script.

I've made a variable chibiParent_haveChat instead of zlib.chibi.chat.

Oh, right! Pardon me for messing up your variable naming scheme.

May I suggest the following change? I like to see the stats at the very end

PHP:
  if (spentDailyAdventures(page) && (path.choice2AfterDailyAdv == "")) {
    doSomethingElseWithChibiBuddy(page);
    printStats();
    putChibiBuddyAway();
    vprint("No more optimizations available.", 0);
  }

Last edited by a moderator:

EdFox

This script is excellent. Kudos for taking this on.

I'd suggest a check on remaining adventures be added to the logic. Due to forgetting about my Chibi--I'm a lousy parent--I've run the script at the end of adventuring. The script will balance until eventually one sticks out and requires an adventure. It will then try to use an adventure choice and stop because there are no adventures. In that state balancing isn't optimal but it's all there is.

I have also seen the script attempt to use more than 5 adventures and get the same stop but that was several versions ago. If it happens again I'll post a log.

eegee

.. I like to see the stats at the very end ..
Before ChibiParent tries to adventure, it prints the current stats before it fails because of all the adventures being used up (and the late detection).

For now, these stats last displayed would not have changed and therefore be the latest. I will look into displaying a nice summary with the stats and adventures/turns used with the next day or two.

.. I'd suggest a check on remaining adventures be added to the logic.. In that state balancing isn't optimal but it's all there is.

I have also seen the script attempt to use more than 5 adventures and get the same stop but that was several versions ago. If it happens again I'll post a log.
I'll add check to the remaining adventures that will be tracked within the script unless/until KoLmafia adds a counter checker. Currently without the adventures used counter, the script will purposefully stop when it realises that all the adventures have been used.

Also, once the adventures have been used, as you said, balancing is all there is and it isn't optimal. If ChibiParent were to try balancing there will be a big risk of killing your ChibiBuddy™ during the current day. I'd prefer if this didn't happen, but I can add an override variable to force balancing with the risk of death if you want?

EdFox

Also, once the adventures have been used, as you said, balancing is all there is and it isn't optimal. If ChibiParent were to try balancing there will be a big risk of killing your ChibiBuddy™ during the current day. I'd prefer if this didn't happen, but I can add an override variable to force balancing with the risk of death if you want?

You make a good point. I know this should be an edge case but lousy Chibiparents should have the option to go for broke. It's a damned if you do/damned if you don't choice because you're either leaving Chibi in a lousy state where rollover may kill it or risking killing it directly trying to balance that away. But it's one the user should be able to make. Thanks for entertaining my request. :)

EDIT: You discussed changing the script to track the adventures already but I ran into it attempting to use more than 5 in one session. This log may be useful.
Code:
    [COLOR=black]Checking for updates (running ChibiParent ver. 0.3)...[/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray]Running      ChibiParent version: 0.3 (current)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]You have      the latest ChibiBuddy.txt. Will not check again today.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Obtaining      ChibiChanged™.[/COLOR]
You acquire an effect: ChibiChanged™      (duration: 20 Adventures)
[COLOR=black]--- Current Stats ---[/COLOR]
[B]Intelligence:[/B]      [COLOR=blue]3[/COLOR]
[B]Alignment:[/B] [COLOR=green]6[/COLOR]
[B]Fitness:[/B]      [COLOR=red]7[/COLOR]
[B]Socialization:[/B] [COLOR=red]7[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]---      Total dots: 23 ---[/COLOR]
[COLOR=orange]ADVENTURING to decrease      'Socialization'.[/COLOR]
Countdown: 4      seconds...
Countdown:      1 second...
Waiting completed.
[HR][/HR][B]Results:[/B] You show Wixy a      game contained within the Book of Faces, wherein one can pretend to be a      farmer by repeatedly and mindlessly pressing your finger to the page. He      gets so into the game he starts bugging his Book of Faces friends to play      too, and half of them unfriend him.[HR][/HR]
[COLOR=black]--- Current      Stats ---[/COLOR]
[B]Intelligence:[/B] [COLOR=blue]3[/COLOR]
[B]Alignment:[/B]      [COLOR=green]6[/COLOR]
[B]Fitness:[/B] [COLOR=red]7[/COLOR]
[B]Socialization:[/B]      [COLOR=red]7[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]--- Total dots: 23 ---[/COLOR]
[COLOR=orange]ADVENTURING      to decrease 'Socialization'.[/COLOR]
Countdown:      4 seconds...
Waiting completed.
[HR][/HR][B]Results:[/B] You show Wixy how      to play Solitaire. He's grateful that he no longer needs to seek      ChibiCompanionship™ to play cards.[HR][/HR]
[COLOR=black]---      Current Stats ---[/COLOR]
[B]Socialization:[/B] [COLOR=green]6[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]--- Total dots: 22 ---[/COLOR]
[COLOR=orange]BALANCING      by increasing 'Intelligence' and decreasing 'Fitness'.[/COLOR]
Countdown:      5 seconds...
Countdown:      2 seconds...
Waiting completed.
[HR][/HR][B]Results:[/B] You      sit down and watch a documentary on the Plight of the Endangered Gold      Bear. He seems to have learned something by the time the 10-hour film is      over.[HR][/HR]
[B]Socialization:[/B]      [COLOR=green]6[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]---      Total dots: 22 ---[/COLOR]
[COLOR=orange]BALANCING by increasing      'Intelligence' and decreasing 'Fitness'.[/COLOR]
Countdown:      4 seconds...
Waiting completed.
[HR][/HR][B]Results:[/B] You load up the      Case of the Emerald Tube of Toothpaste into the ChibiSimulator™. Wixy      spends hours sitting, smoking a pipe and working through the clues to      solve the mystery. In a shocking twist, turns out the Doctor did it.[HR][/HR]
[COLOR=orange]BALANCING      by increasing 'Intelligence' and decreasing 'Fitness'.[/COLOR]
Waiting completed.
[HR][/HR][B]Results:[/B] You      load up the Case of the Silver Belt Buckle into the ChibiSimulator™. Wixy      spends hours sitting, smoking a pipe and working through the clues to      solve the mystery. In a shocking twist, turns out the Waiter did it.[HR][/HR]
[B]Intelligence:[/B] [COLOR=green]4[/COLOR]
[B]Fitness:[/B]      [COLOR=green]6[/COLOR]
[COLOR=orange]BALANCING      by increasing 'Alignment' and decreasing 'Socialization'.[/COLOR]
Waiting completed.
[HR][/HR][B]Results:[/B] You      put on a movie for Wixy. It's the inspiring true story of a young man who      falls in love with a telephone, and how their love perseveres even though      his boss doesn't understand. Wixy is in tears by the end of the movie, and      calls the ChibiGirl™ he's been flirting with at work and tells her he      loves her. Which kind of weirds her out, because they've only been on one      date.[HR][/HR]
[B]Intelligence:[/B]      [COLOR=green]4[/COLOR]
[B]Alignment:[/B] [COLOR=red]7[/COLOR]
[COLOR=orange]ADVENTURING to decrease      'Alignment'.[/COLOR]
Countdown:      3 seconds...
Waiting      completed.
[HR][/HR][B]Results:[/B] Against your better judgment, you let      Wixy have a ChibiCar™. You regret the decision when he pounds three      martinis before he gets behind the wheel, then hits another parked car and      drives off without leaving a note.[HR][/HR]
[COLOR=black]--- Current      Stats ---[/COLOR]
[B]Fitness:[/B] [COLOR=green]6[/COLOR]
[COLOR=orange]BALANCING      by increasing 'Socialization' and decreasing 'Fitness'.[/COLOR]
Waiting completed.
[HR][/HR][B]Results:[/B] You      have Wixy invite his friends over for a party in the ChibiPool™! Wixy      falls into the bad habit of social smoking, but he has a great time with      his friends.
[B]Random event![/B] Wixy slips and whacks his head on the      corner of the coffee table.[HR][/HR]
[COLOR=black]--- Current Stats      ---[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]--- Total dots: 21 ---[/COLOR]
[COLOR=orange]BALANCING      by increasing 'Intelligence' and decreasing 'Alignment'.[/COLOR]
Waiting completed.
[HR][/HR][B]Results:[/B] You      buy Wixy an impressive marmot-shaped kite. He studies a book on      aerodynamics and modifies it so it can swoop and turn with chilling      precision. Then he takes it to the park, ties a razorblade to the string,      and flies it to cut the strings of all the other ChibiKites™.
[B]Random      event![/B] Wixy goes out dancing with his friends even though he's not the      best dancer.
[B]Random event![/B] Wixy gives a sandwich to a homeless      person.[HR][/HR]
[B]Alignment:[/B] [COLOR=red]7[/COLOR]
[COLOR=orange]ADVENTURING to decrease      'Alignment'.[/COLOR]
Waiting      completed.
[HR][/HR][B]Results:[/B] You set Wixy up with a headset and a      copy of [I]Dead Warfare 8.[/I] You have to cut him off, though, when you      hear him calling someone a pig bozo halfwit hayseed, and you wouldn't      believe what he said about the poor guy's ChibiMom™[HR][/HR]
[COLOR=orange]BALANCING      by increasing 'Intelligence' and decreasing 'Socialization'.[/COLOR]
Waiting completed.
[HR][/HR][B]Results:[/B] You      make Wixy a plate full of all different kinds of sushi, like honeydew      broccoli pastrami rolls. He gobbles it all up claiming it's "brain food,"      then alienates his ChibiBuddies™ by explaining at length the difference      between sushi and sashimi.
[B]Random event![/B] Wixy brings a bottle of      water to a neighbor mowing his ChibiLawn™.
[B]Random event![/B]      Wixy picks up a barbell for a few quick curls.[HR][/HR]
[B]Alignment:[/B]      [COLOR=red]7[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]--- Total dots: 24 ---[/COLOR]
[COLOR=orange]ADVENTURING      to decrease 'Alignment'.[/COLOR]
Countdown: 4      seconds...
Waiting completed.
[HR][/HR][B]Results:[/B] You let Wixy have      a ChibiCar™. He's doing okay until he tries to ChibiText™ and drive at the      same time and hits a parked car. You make him leave a note with his      insurance information.[HR][/HR]
[B]Intelligence:[/B]      [COLOR=green]4[/COLOR]
[COLOR=orange]ADVENTURING to decrease      'Fitness'.[/COLOR]
Waiting      completed.
[COLOR=red]No more optimizations available.[/COLOR]

Last edited:

eegee

Okay, here is a new version that can be tested so long.

This version allows the tweaking of its decision making in more detail.
I have also added some stat output at the end of the script. This summary can still be expanded/prettified.

You can check the init() method inside the script (with a text editor) to see the new variables.

Some interesting variables are:
chibiParent_allowDynamicBounds this makes the script take less chances with balancing as more daily adventures are used up
chibiParent_irresponsible this will allow script to continue balancing even after it is a bad idea and/or after the daily adventures have been used up.

Once I'm happy with this version, I'll update the script and documentation on the first post.

EDIT: updated first post, latest version there.

Last edited:

guyy

This seems like a nice script, but it also seems to be no match for the RNG deciding to be annoying...after perfectly optimizing my stats yesterday, today it was relentlessly bombarded with random events until it ran out of Chibi adventures at stats 3/4/8/8.

That was with the old version, though, so I'll try out the new one tomorrow. Still, I think maybe a better strategy would be to try to use non-adventure options to get sufficiently close to 4/4/6/6, and then spend the adventures to actually get there. That ought to be a lot less screwy, and I get the impression that trying to not use your adventures at all is sort of futile (but you can always leave that in as an option). In particular, it got to 4/4/6/7 with one adventure left today, but chose to jump back into the random event maelstrom instead of using that adventure to finally optimize the thing and/or giving up and deciding that's good enough; as shown above, it chose...poorly.