CLI "goal" command

Catch-22

Code:
> goal add +2000 electrical thingamabob

Condition added: electrical thingamabob (2,000)

> goal check

Searching for "electrical thingamabob"...
Search complete.
Purchasing electrical thingamabob (111 @ 2,700)...
KoLmafia declares world peace.
You acquire electrical thingamabob (111)
Conditions list validated against available items.

So is the above behaviour normal? I tried to cancel as soon as I realized what KoLmafia was doing, but it was too late.

What is "goal check" actually supposed to be used for? It seems that what I should've written was "goal" if I just wanted to see what my goals were, but I wouldn't expect "goal check" to start satisfying conditions by buying things from the mall.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Maybe check() in ConditionsCommand should use the 2-parameter version of checkRequirements() with false as the second parameter. Or maybe the 1-parameter version should use false for the 2-parameter version, which would require changing the other place where that function is used. I haven't ever used the "goal" command (with any or no parameters), so I don't actually know which parameters are meant to do what.

Catch-22

Well intuitively one would assume that "goal check" would mean check what goals you have set, not "spend 300k meat" :p

I guess I'm just wondering if it's intended and why it would be worded as so.

Theraze

Goal check means see if you can meet the goal with what you have available. If 'available' means buy from the mall from what you've set, and the single-item price is below your aBPL, the auto-buy does make sense... though it didn't meet your expectations.