Demon Summoning

Ashetaka

I know the "summon" command is in Mafia for summoning demons. What I can't find is anything on how to use it. I have tried several different things in the CLI and it will buy the scroll and then says summoning the demon (and consumes the scroll and candles), but doesn't actually summon the demon (or give me the buff). Here is the output of my attempts:

> summon Baz'durgore

Searching for "scroll of ancient forbidden unspeakable evil"...
Purchasing scroll of ancient forbidden unspeakable evil (1 @ 2,400)...
You acquire an item: scroll of ancient forbidden unspeakable evil
Purchases complete.
Summoning Baz'durgore...
Requests complete.

Anyway, any guidance would be appreciated.

Ethelred

If you use the demons command, it will give you a list of the possible demons and include the names of any you know (to the extent that mafia is aware). A number is associated with each one. I've had success with using that number in the summon command. For example,

> summon 2

will summon Ach'redaba and get my preternatural greed buff.

I think I picked this technique up from reading the KoLmafia forums, but I don't remember who actually posted it. Veracity, perhaps?

Ashetaka

Yeah, I even tried that I believe. I will try it again at rollover to see if it works. I did search this forum and the official forum for "summon demon" and "preternatural" and several other terms and never could find anything on the actual command used. Did find out about "demons" to show what names Mafia knows and the importance of ordering in the preferences file.

macman104

Is the summoning chamber actually available to you? Just throwing out that maybe mafia is trying to summon, but isn't recognizing that the summoning fails?

Ashetaka

The command "summon 2" did work. I tried it again having not summoned any demon for the day and it worked just fine. Now I need to learn scripting so I can script my daily farming run. I guess I will go look in the scripts section for some examples. Thanks for the replies on the demon summoning.