A maybe buglet...

wubbie

In some of the more recent daily builds I've noticed a piece of odd behavior. I wish I could be more specific about what build started it but I tend to prune off older builds but its been happening more than a couple of weeks and that pesky real life thing has kept me from posting about it before.

Sometimes when logging on the menu/gui becomes inaccessible. This sometimes happens after 2 sometimes 4 logins.
I have a onlogin script that runs, it remembers to do my duck hunting for me, and all other breakfast tasks run but when the side pane turns green all of the tabs and pull down menus are locked out. Using the red X in the corner to log out works, but if you attempt to reuse the currently running Kolmafia it results in the locked out state. Closing Kolmafia and restarting clears this issue and you can continue on.

Its happened on different machines at different times and there is no set number of logins that triggers the "lockout".
Is there any other information I can provide or things to try to give a more confirmed way to cause the buglet for study?

Again thank you for all of your hard work and the help you give us who can't program enough to escape a paper bag :)

wubbie

holatuwol - the next time it happens I will try that and see what happens and report back.

Ok just built 5999 and it froze on the 3rd try. Tried tabbing in and moving the window and there was nothing that popped up.

Anything else I can to to help track this down?

wubbie

Build 6009 it still does the lockup.

Alt-Tab doesn't change anything no prompts show up, and even moved the window around and no prompts visible.

wubbie

minimizing the program and then calling it back restored the options being selectable, but the program is "dragging" seems less responsive.