Chat Issues

Lxndr

I'm having a few weird chat issues:

(1) It seems to me that messages I attempt to send are eaten and do not display.

(2) It seems as though messages that people send to me are eaten and do not display.

This makes it hard to follow conversations. Is this something that's been happening to anyone else? How can I troubleshoot this?

OH also this one:

(3) The chat command "/clannies" only seems to show members of my clan that are also on my friend list when in mafia, in direct contradiction to how it works in KoL. Is this as designed?

I'm having a few weird chat issues:

(1) It seems to me that messages I attempt to send are eaten and do not display.

(2) It seems as though messages that people send to me are eaten and do not display.

This makes it hard to follow conversations. Is this something that's been happening to anyone else? How can I troubleshoot this?

OH also this one:

(3) The chat command "/clannies" only seems to show members of my clan that are also on my friend list when in mafia, in direct contradiction to how it works in KoL. Is this as designed?
It's possible that this is related to KoLmafia's incomplete handling of KoL tabbed chat. Try changing to one of the older chat styles, then logging out and back in - does that clear things up?

Grotfang

Developer
The only way I can see that messages might be "eaten" would be if you had new chat in the relay browser and the native mafia chat client open at the same time. Is this the case?

Lxndr

It's possible that this is related to KoLmafia's incomplete handling of KoL tabbed chat. Try changing to one of the older chat styles, then logging out and back in - does that clear things up?

I switched to 'old' chat, and it did not clear up.

The '/clannies' is still failing as well.

The only way I can see that messages might be "eaten" would be if you had new chat in the relay browser and the native mafia chat client open at the same time. Is this the case?

No, this is not the case.

Theraze

To validate, you switched to old chat, logged out of KoL, completely closed mafia, relaunched it, logged into your character, and the problem persisted, correct?