After-combat Item Handling?

Defying

So, I was just wondering. Does mafia have anything that checks if an item has a duplicate in the closet/display case/mall, and automatically puts it with the rest of the items, after it drops from combat? (or other sources, but I'm mostly wondering for combat)

Just asking cause I've been tossing stuff manually into the closet a lot after I cleaned my inventory.

Not sure if this has been asked before. Looked around, but after a bit of browsing, I decided my searching skills were not up to par and just decided to post this question.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I don't think there is a native capability although you could probably script something and hook it into a post adventure script.

That said, why? In my case I may, or may not, want to add duplicates to the display case. I find running Bale's OCD script, once tweaked to accommodate my personal peccadilloes, keeps my inventory and everything in its place.

roippi

Developer
If you plan on automating this, I'd definitely recommend that you run this as a logout script rather than an afterAdventureScript.

Theraze

As well as server hits. Unless you're in PvP, there's no reason to immediately try to remove your items.

Defying

Yeah, I can see how it would mess with performance stuff. Just me being a little. . . okay, fine, extremely OCD. I'll be stopping that now. Thanks for the replies though.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
As well as server hits. Unless you're in PvP, there's no reason to immediately try to remove your items.
Seriously? "Performance" doesn't include "server hits" in your world?

Yeah, I can see how it would mess with performance stuff. Just me being a little. . . okay, fine, extremely OCD. I'll be stopping that now. Thanks for the replies though.

Then (as noted above, but this time with link) this is for you.

Theraze

Seriously? "Performance" doesn't include "server hits" in your world?

I see performance as relating more on the speed side of things, whereas sometimes you can do 5 server hits (with a fast connection) and save a few seconds of data crunching.

Remember that EatDrink had a brief period where it took ~35 seconds to run on a decent computer and that was all data crunching. And then, Veracity swooped in and brought it down under 10 seconds. :)