non-combat assistance missing and paper strips

harumph

hi my kol mafia has been acting up, i don't get the usual greasemonkeys to assist me in the non-combat choices. and even the nemesis cave paper strips I ahve to do manually now.

I'm using IE. is that the issue? is it really just fit for firefox?

also, before i had no problems, had this problems starting about a week ago..

my kol mafia is the latest one... thanks. i can't find anything in google about it! :( or this forum :(

Winterbay

What do you mean by "greasemonkeys"? Also, make sure that the relayShowSpoilers setting is set to "true" which is one thing that controls what you see in the relay browser.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Since you're using IE, I'm guessing you aren't actually using greasemonkey. Check Preferences -> Relay Browser and make sure "Show blatant spoilers..." is checked (the top option) to see non-combat choice information. Did you just update mafia from a fairly old version? That setting has controlled those spoilers for a few months now.

harumph

hi! sorry for using the wrong terms. what i meant with greasemonkeys were the spoilers on each of the choices. Thank you very much for the assistance. this is probably what caused the problem. I wonder why mafia turned it off on it's own... anyway thank you very much! I will try it out later after rollover as I am drunk now and can't try if the solution has worked :)

I hope it does becuase I made 3 non-combat error choices the past 2 days because of this and because of my laziness to check the wiki first to make sure. thanks!

Winterbay

It got turned off by default a little way back due to a change in how Mafia works, but that was more than a few weeks ago so unless you just upgraded from a really old version of Mafia that shouldn't be the reason.

harumph

it's working now... after i followed your advice.. but the mystery is I would download the new mafia often enough to be quite sure that i have a relatively new version most of the time. I think i was in aftercore and didn't mind or notice it probably. anyway thanks so much! life saver!