Help with chat in kolmafia....

Paragon

So I think there may be a bug with kol mafias chat thing.... If I have multiple tabs open at the same time, say I am talking on the trade, hardcore, and game chatrooms if i close the tab of the room furthest to the left it will close the entire window.

Also, I seem to be having trouble will the option to put all chat rooms in the same window. The single window pops up fine, but there is no place to enter text.. so it is impossible for me to join chat rooms or what have you. Am I doing something wrong?

holatuwol

Developer
[quote author=Paragon link=topic=1596.msg7483#msg7483 date=1204825071]
So I think there may be a bug with kol mafias chat thing.... If I have multiple tabs open at the same time, say I am talking on the trade, hardcore, and game chatrooms if i close the tab of the room furthest to the left it will close the entire window.[/quote]

Right now, if you close a tab, KoLmafia treats that as leaving the channel. If you leave the channel you are 'talking' in, KoLmafia assumes you're trying to exit chat. Are you suggesting that KoLmafia auto-switch to another channel?

[quote author=Paragon link=topic=1596.msg7483#msg7483 date=1204825071]
Also, I seem to be having trouble will the option to put all chat rooms  in the same window. The single window pops up fine, but there is no place to enter text.. so it is impossible for me to join chat rooms or what have you. Am I doing something wrong?
[/quote]

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Screenshots + example?

dangerpin

I think the key here in the first problem is that in real browser based chat you are only "in" one chat room and listening to others. In Tabbed chat, in Mafia, you appear to be "in" several different channels, with conversations in each channel not requiring you to do a /trade or a /games to enter in messages to the channels you are only (as far as the Browser based Kingdom is concerned) listening in to.

So my guess is that Paragon is deciding he no longer wants to view games (for instance) and closing the window. Hoping that what Mafia will do internally is do a /l games to release listening to games but continue viewing trade and clan. Instead it is, and rightly so, thinking he is done with chat and closing them all down.

Paragon

I am sorry about the first one. That was me being dumb.

For the second one. In kolmafia prefrences panel there are two options:
a) Use tabbed, rather than multiwindow displays
b) Put different channels in seperat displays.

If I have option a unchecked and option b unchecked then attempting to join chat just says Initilizing chat interface... requests complete. With no chat interface opening. If I have option a checked and option b unchecked I get a chat interface like this the png attached.

Attachments

• chat.PNG
    chat.PNG
    13.2 KB · Views: 101