Error message in multiple versions of Kolmafia

Aldous

I'm not certain this is the correct forum, or even if it's a Kolmafia issue, but to cover all my bases I thought it should be reported here somewhere.

For the past few weeks, in multiple hourly builds of Kolmafia, I have been getting "Server reported response code 404 for mobiquo/mobiquo.php" in the gCLI. There's no obvious trigger, and there doesn't appear to be any effect, other than the message. I know "mobiquo" tends to refer Tapatalk's mobile browser plugin.

Again, I have no clue where the issue lies; I'm just posting here in case it's relevant. Thanks!

Aldous

I doubt it's those. It's Kolmafia (debunked) or Kol itself, I would expect. I'm curious if this is affecting anyone else, but I guess not here, anyway. Mobiquo.php belongs to a mobile forum skinning app. I know that because I use it elsewhere (not as a user, a commercial site I assist with) thus me having an idea what it is, though without someone confirming, I would have to use a packet sniffer to determine the forum causing the error. Thanks, folks. Looks like the hard way is my only way.

roippi

Developer
My guess from all of the keywords involved is a script that hits the forums looking for new versions? And then something bad happens?

Catch-22

I would guess a relay override or GM script of yours is visiting a forum that hasn't installed the Mobiquo plugin correctly. You should be able to find out by turning on debug logging and ticking "verbosely log communication between browser and KoLmafia" under the options.

As far as I can tell, the KoLmafia forums are not using Mobiquo, so that should at least rule out this site being the problem.

Edit: Sorta ninja'd by Roippi.

Aldous

Now that's very strange. After running a packet sniffer, the problem appeared to be caused by a 3rd party site that has absolutely nothing to do with Kolmafia whatsoever. I'm not going to call this resolved yet, but it's looking good so far. Huh. That's really odd.

Aldous

Sorry for the necro, but the issue has been resolved, and I was asked to come back and explain if I figured it out.

Catch-22 was essentially correct. It was a browser plugin checking a remote site for new notifications on a schedule, and as I went relay most of the time, said plugin would break (I should report it as a bug) and for some reason the KolMafia Java client was logging this. On an unrelated set of reasons I removed said plugin and that solved the issue.

Thanks for the help. folks.