KolMafia won't load main interface after logging in

sleightmind

Hi all. All of a sudden today my KolMafia stopped working. When I run the jar, it loads the login window. When I hit login, it runs through the various messages, then the login window disappears, but the main interface window never loads. I see the javaw.exe process is still running, but I get nothing. I tried downloading the latest build, as well as the latest exe. I rebooted my PC. I even tried reinstalling Java. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

Bale

Minion
We know. You should have checked the bug forum: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?11099-KoL-broke-our-Store-Manager-on-9-10-2012

Bullet points version:
  • KoL made a server side change to mall stores
  • Mafia can no longer parse stores
  • Store Manager will fail, unpleasantly
  • If you have the Store Manager set as a start up tab, then mafia will not start
  • Work-around: Before starting mafia, go to preferences and remove the Store Manager from your starting tabs

It'll probably be fixed soon by the amazing devs of KoLmafia. Until then, you can use that work-around.

sleightmind

That did it!! Thanks so much for your help Bale. Also, thanks a lot for your work. I use almost all of your scripts on a daily basis!

Bale

Minion
You are very welcome.

Of course the problem doesn't exist in the daily build anymore, so feel free to use the Store Manager tab again...

zmakqo

Cant load my store

Been using 15.5 for a week or more now, and had no problems. Today I cannot load in to the mall stores. It just hangs at "Requesting Store Inventory." I redownloaded 15.5, launched it from a new folder, tried dumping all my scripts. No luck. Just hangs there indefinitely. Any ideas?

Theraze

Update to the latest daily build from the top of this page. The KoL developers broke mafia's store parsing as part of the store upgrade for the new PvP season. The latest Daily Build (currently 11488) works fine though.

zmakqo

Thanks. I just found this solution searching through the forums too. What a concept!

In my defense, I have not used this program more than a week or so, and assumed any issues would certainly be on my side, not with the program itself. Thanks for informing me!