HUGE issue with mafia (icon is gone)

Back in the day when I got mafia there was this bad ass little icon that went on my dashboard and I got to click it and it took me straight to the log-in screen no problem. Now the first time I updated my JAR file (months after I first got mafia, I had no idea what a JAR was) I got the jar file on my desktop and I double-clicked it and played my account no problems. The next day I went to play my account and the JAR was still there but I didn't feel like double-clicking the JAR file (a second click? HELL no) so I went to my dashboard and the icon was gone. *GASP* Now that wasn't a real issue until I did it to my wife's computer and she threw a fit (seriously) but everything has been find since then. Now I feel that after the last year and a half I've been using it I deserve to have my icon back. What must I do to get it back and how can I get it barefoot and pregnant so it can't leave again?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Sounds like OSX. I remember .jar files being different in the dock compared to .app files, and that was the reason I used to attach .app.zip files (before fewyn set up builds.kolmafia.us). I thought I could drag them to the right side of the dock back then, making them one-clickable but using a generic java icon, but I don't really remember.

The .jar itself is on the desktop, not a link / shortcut? What OS?

OSX 10.6.8 and the jar is just an icon I double click to open mafia. Once it's opened I havew my dashboard icon back but once I close it it goes away and I'm stuck with the jar file again :(