Choice Adventure Automatic Setups

bundy81881

Is there a way to set default actions on choice adventures? Sometimes I run into issues where my automatic turn burning stops due to a choice needed. Or it selects the wrong choice.

For example:
1) When I am in the middle level of the pyramid, KoLmafia has an automatic thing to stop the turn burning when I get to 3 or 4 choice adventures (obviously meaning to turn the wheel). But when I burn through them it actually leaves the wheel alone. When I do it manually, I can see the arrow on the leave it alone option for if I chose the auto button. For this one, I'd like to set the auto to turn the wheel.
2) In the slime tube, I like using a certain amount of turns before using a chamois but I often get to the uvula part and can't choose the option to skip past it. I would like to be able to set it to the skip adventure option so my turn burning can continue.
3) When trying to get the bounty in the spooky forest I have to make a choice adventure in the arboreal respite choice adventure and I'd like to make the auto something like getting the spices or fight the vampire.

I figure I can do all sorts of things with choice adventures but those are examples which hopefully point out how I'd like to make my run a little more user friendly.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

slyz

Developer
All the choice adventures have a corresponding preference, named choiceAdventureXXX, where XXX is the choice adventure number. When Mafia automates a choice, it will submit the choice stored in the setting - except if it is 0, which means "abort".

For example, the "Engulfed!" choice adventure in the slime tube is n° 337, so its setting is choiceAdventure337. Setting choiceAdventure337 to 0 means abort, 1 means "tickle the uvula", 2 is "Squeeze the gall bladder", 3 is "Squirm back out", and I'm not sure what happens if you set the preference to anything else.

If you want a script of your to change the setting, simply use
Code:
set choiceAdventure337 = 3
if it's a CLI script, or
PHP:
set_property( "choiceAdventure337", "3" );
in an ASH script.

----------------------------------------------------------------

If you are not talking about changing the settings via scripts, then you probably missed Mafia's Choice Advs tab, where you have pretty drop-downs to specify which choice you want Mafia to make when it meets a specific choice adventure.

Go to the Adventure tab, select the zone that contains the choice adventure, and select the Choice Advs tab in the middle of the pane.

EDIT: the arrow you see in the Relay browser simply points to the choice Mafia is setup to take. If you have never changed any choice adventure setting, then they are all at the default settings.

Last edited:

bundy81881

You're right I totally saw the "Choice Advs" tab and I think that should handle it from here on out. Thanks for the help!