threatcheck.ash: quickly check you survivability.

Paragon

Name:Threatcheck.ash
ver : 1.5
KolMafia build tested with: 14 April 08
Description:
I know that sometimes I unlock an new area, but I am never quite sure if I can survive there until I go in get killed etc. etc. Or there may be a boss which I don't know if i am ready to face. Threatcheck.ash will quickly tell me what I should expect from a location or monster. Most useful for melee characters.

New features:

Automaticlly detects if heroes of the half-shell should be applied.

Usage:
Call threatcheck.ash <location or monster> [-?, -help] [-us, -hs] [-q]

-?, -help: Shows the help text. Kinda like a man page.
-us, -hs: Force usage of heroes of the half-shell w/ shield equipped
-q :Quiet mode. Shows only expected damage recived per fight. w/o displaying any other info

Know Bugs: None at this time.
Requested Improvements: None at this time.

Attachments

• threatcheck.ash
    6.5 KB · Views: 107

GuardianElm

I'm hoping to get this script working with the latest version, and hoping paragon is still around here...

I get some compile errors with daily build 6021 (and probably some of the previous)

Undefined reference to function 'ranged_weapon' (threatcheck.old.ash, line 146)

Changing that line from
Code:
    if (ranged_weapon(equipped_item($slot[weapon])))
to
Code:
    if (weapon_type(equipped_item($slot[weapon]))==$stat[moxie])
may be the correct fix, but I'm not sure. After applying that fix,

Cannot apply operator != to weapon_type() (stat) and (string) (threatcheck.ash, line 160)

This part of the code appears to be trying to determine if the item is considered a weapon for "double-fisted skull smashing", but I'm not sure how to fix this.

Paragon

I think that this script is completly useless in Kolmafia... I am fairly certain that you can do all the things this script does (and more) using just built in commands. However, If there was something nifty I had in there that I am not thinking about let me know and I would be more then happy to attempt to rewrite it for the newer versions of kolmafia. Basicly, Let me know what functionality you are trying to use and I'll see if I can fix you up with something.

GuardianElm

Did this script provide the same information that the location details section of the adventure/overview tab shows now? I'm still trying to figure out the details section, anyway.

Paragon

Actually, playing as a muscle class this ascention reminded me of why I wrote this script in the first place, I think I am going to completly rework it though. Right now It is extreamly limited and I would like to add a bit of functionality... however that being said, the thoughts i have in mind might take quite a bit of time to actually get working. Anyway, this particular script prolly won't get changed (I guess I should make it kolmafia newest ver. compatible at least though) and I will release the new ver under a new name.
Anyway, School had gotten pretty hecktic the last couple weeks (months? I can't keep track.) So I will try to fix things up now.