Problem updating from r11020 to r1130

Ethelred

When I tried to update to the latest build today, I got the following compiler errors:

Code:
version:
     [echo] Current revision: 11030M
    [javac] Compiling 702 source files to /Users/Ethelred/src/KoLmafia/kolmafia/kolmafia-daily/build
    [javac]  /Users/Ethelred/src/KoLmafia/kolmafia/kolmafia-daily/src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/request/PvpRequest.java:173:  cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method updateMinis()
    [javac] location: class net.sourceforge.kolmafia.session.PvpManager
    [javac]             PvpManager.updateMinis();
    [javac]                             ^
    [javac]  /Users/Ethelred/src/KoLmafia/kolmafia/kolmafia-daily/src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/request/PvpRequest.java:265:  cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method processOffenseContests(java.lang.String)
    [javac] location: class net.sourceforge.kolmafia.session.PvpManager
    [javac]             PvpManager.processOffenseContests( this.responseText );
    [javac]                             ^
    [javac] Note:  /Users/Ethelred/src/KoLmafia/kolmafia/kolmafia-daily/src/net/sourceforge/kolmafia/request/GenericRequest.java  uses or overrides a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    [javac] 2 errors
    [javac] Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Environment:

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03-384-10M3425)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02-384, mixed mode)

I see that r11025 removed PvpRequest.java and don't understand why I'm still trying to compile it. One item that is probably releated is that at some time in the past, I changed the default PvP win/loss messages in that file to be less "confrontational". This was done at the request of a clannie who uses my mafia builds. I don't know enough about svn to tell it how to abandon that file and forget that change. Any help would be appreciated. And yes, I am a walking example of "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing."

roippi

Developer
SVN will generally not delete a file if it's been altered locally. Depending on the svn client you use, it may inform you about a conflict. You can just delete the file manually.

Ethelred

SVN will generally not delete a file if it's been altered locally. Depending on the svn client you use, it may inform you about a conflict. You can just delete the file manually.

D'oh! A dummy is me. Deleting the file worked just fine. Thanks for the response. Still wondering about the
"GenericRequest.java uses or overrides a deprecated API." message though. Is that anything to be concerned about?

Last edited:

roippi

Developer
That's because we upgraded to 1.5 source, and that particular method is deprecated in 1.5. Someone will get around to fixing it.