Garden Banished Counter--too many stops!

Flanders

While adventuring in the Gallery, I have to restart every 15 or so turns because the Garden Banished Counter runs out. I don't particularly care. Is there a way to get Mafia to ignore this and keep plugging regardless of Garden Banished Counter status?

Thanks!

slyz

Developer
I would like that counter to be informational only too. I can't test right now, but can someone who knows confirm that changing
PHP:
TurnCounter.startCounting( 10, "Garden Banished loc=*", "wolfshield.gif" );
to
PHP:
TurnCounter.startCounting( 10, "Garden Banished", "wolfshield.gif" );
would do the trick?

EDIT: I guess I read the code the wrong way. Having the "loc=*" should make the counter informative only, no?

Last edited:
I've not had an issue with this at all and have been adv. only there for about a week now (lvl 30 AOB run) so if you need my GCLI or anything let me know :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
What is the output from "get counterScript"? I feel like you must have one running since "Bad location value" doesn't appear anywhere in mafia's source.

Flanders

Here's what the CLI says:

Request 10 of 40 (Manor1: Haunted Gallery) in progress...
(Garden Banished counter expired)
hidden city (automatic)
hidden city (encounter)
Multiple matches against Hidden City.
Bad location value: "Hidden City" (CounterChecker.ash, line 77)

[2789] Haunted Gallery
Encounter: Louvre It or Leave It
Encounter: Louvre It or Leave It (Escher: Relativity)
Encounter: Louvre It or Leave It (Botticelli: The Birth of Venus)
Encounter: Louvre It or Leave It (Dali: The Persistence of Memory)
You gain 200 Magicalness

Then stop.

Flanders

I didn't even know I had that script :eek:

I downloaded the latest version--I'll let you know if it works. Thanks for the advice!

[EDIT--Worked like a charm! Thanks.]

Last edited:
Now it's doing it to me... WTF! I tried to download Bales counterchecker but it just wants to treat it like a word document. When I click it it just opens in word and I don't know what to do... please help?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Now it's doing it to me... WTF! I tried to download Bales counterchecker but it just wants to treat it like a word document. When I click it it just opens in word and I don't know what to do... please help?

Right-click the download link, choose Save As, and put it in the scripts folder.

Or if you have no idea why you're running a counterScript, then put "set counterScript=" into the CLI to disable it.

When I typed that in I got this:

> set counterScript=

counterScript =>
Validating adventure sequence...

Bad location value: "slime tube" (Universal_recovery.ash, line 825)

And no, I have no idea why or if I'm running the script.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That command made it so you aren't using a counterScript any more, like it was supposed to. The new error message mentions Universal_recovery.ash, which means you are running an old version of that script. If you just want to disable it and get things working, "set recoveryScript=" will do it.

Ok, saved it and tried to use it in the mafia pane and I got this message:

> call scripts/CounterChecker.ash

zlib.ash could not be found (CounterChecker.ash, line 33)

YAY!!! The recovery script was messing it up!!! Thank you :D I have 370 adv. to burn in the gallery and by hand it would take for ever.

Flanders

Are you running a mac? If so, osx has a charming habit of appending file extensions willy-nilly. If you delete the .docx, it should work. If it won't let you, open your finder and go to Finder > Preferences, and make sure the "show all filename extensions" box is checked. Then it should let you change the extension. At least it did for me.

I learned all of this last night while trying to get the slime.ash script to work, and this is the limit of my knowledge on the subject.