Thank You Mafia Devs

Farflier

Hi, I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to all that contribute towards keeping KoLmafia up to date and functional. This seemed like the most appropriate place.
Without this utility I simply would not have time to play on a lot of days. You enable me to keep up with my favorite game on the internet :)
Thank you!

Cheers

Bale

Minion
I was just thinking as I looked at this new thread that on any other forum I moderate, my instinct would have been to merge it with the other "thank you" threads. Not here though. Here, such a thread is the only real repayment our devs get so the act of merging would be like saying, "Yeah, everyone wants to thank them. Get on the bandwagon."

Thanks for starting a new "Thank You" thread. It cannot be said enough how grateful we are to everyone who makes mafia awesome.

Thank you Veracity
Thank you Holatuwol
Thank you Jason
Thank you roippi
Thank you fronobulax
Thank you lostcalpolydude
Thank you slyz
Thank you Rinn
Thank you Grotfang
Thank you DoctorRotelle

Did I forget anyone?

In case anyone wants to send a more tangible reward, we have a thread for Who Collects What.

Last edited:

Theraze

Yeah... only thing that would be sort of nice to add to the forum if possible would be a 'Thanks' for posts, similar to XDA. Then our devs could watch their thanks meters going up as they keep adding more awesomeness. But these posts do give us our forum's version of such.

So... thanks devs! We appreciate all you do. :)

Bale

Minion
I think you forgot Rinn!

Thank you for remembering Rinn. I forgot that he made a few helpful additions. I've added him retroactively to my post.

Yeah... only thing that would be sort of nice to add to the forum if possible would be a 'Thanks' for posts, similar to XDA. Then our devs could watch their thanks meters going up as they keep adding more awesomeness.

That would be a horrible idea because it is impersonal and would frame thankfulness as a contest to be won. Though it would be fun to watch their meters go up.

Theraze

That would be a horrible idea because it is impersonal and would frame thankfulness as a contest to be won. Though it would be fun to watch their meters go up.

I think of that (clicking the Thanks button) not as a contest, but an easy, non-spammy way to say... Thanks! I appreciate you and what you're doing.

That being said, some people do definitely go the contest/whiny-begging route with it.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Just in case anyone thinks KoL mafia devs are completely altruistic, I just changed jobs recently and KoLmafia was definitely a factor in getting the new one. Even my minimal contributions to an open source project with users gave me credibility with hiring managers who had not even been born when I wrote my first code. ;-)

I thank all the devs, but just as much as them the people who run this forum and answer any questions that us newbies have no matter how slight that makes mafia 10000X better than it would be otherwise ;)