Mac Kolmafia Data location

atlasica

I've been using Kolmafia for a month or so, using it on the mac most of the time, but occasionally using it on windows. When used on windows, its perfect, as I can move it anywhere, like my dropbox folder. However, on my mac, all the data is stored in a folder at /User/My_Name/Application Support/Kolmafia. Thats quite annoying as that means I have to copy data from there to my Dropbox folder all the time, and vice versa.

Is there a way to change the default file location for Kolmafia on a mac? Moving the files elsewhere on causes mafia to recreate them in /User/My_Name/Application Support/Kolmafia

StDoodle

Minion
That's where Mac Programs are supposed to store such information. KoLmafia is doing the right thing here. Your real question appears to be "how do I properly sync settings between different OS's," and to answer that I would point you here: http://wiki.kolmafia.us/index.php?title=Dropbox

P.S. The word "annoying" is a pet-peeve of the developers here. Please try to avoid it, especially when you're describing behavior that the program is doing exactly as it should.

atlasica

Whoops. I assumed that since mafia is portable on windows, it would also be portable (as in move it anywhere you want) on my mac, but...apparently I was wrong.
Thanks for the help.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Read the section on symlinks on the wiki page StDoodle linked, and then you won't need to worry about manually moving files around all the time.