Has someone made a Mafia script to test creation possibilities?

mstieler

So, looking at the KoL forums, I notice this thread stating that Fettucini Inconnu is now a cooking ingredient.

Has someone come up with a script to test all the unknown cooking/mixing/smithing/pasting/jewelry/multi recipes? I'm guessing it would be a pretty big hit to the servers to test, but if the script filtered out stuff that's not cookable while testing for "cookability", and ignored the already-known stuff, it would be slightly less. Guess the account that's testing would also need a few skills ahead of time:

Pastamancery, Transcendental Noodlecraft, Advanced Saucecrafting, Way of the Sauce, Tempuramancy, Deep Saucery, Pulverize, Advanced Cocktailcrafting, Superhuman Cocktailcrafting, Superadvanced Meatsmithing, Armorcraftiness, Really Expensive Jewelrymaking

Anyone know of something already out there, or someone who is doing this already?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
A for-loop with craft would do this trivially, but Mafia currently does not directly tell us what ingredient type(s) an item is, as far as I know.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
There's also the fun task of determining whether two ingredients cook into an already-known recipe. I imagine some use of get_ingredients() could manage it, but it seems pretty complicated.

Theraze

And... is a page hit per item in the entire database. The amount of people doing 5000+ (wasted) page hits should be... reduced. If possible.

me259259

And... is a page hit per item in the entire database. The amount of people doing 5000+ (wasted) page hits should be... reduced. If possible.

I had made a post that showed how you can find all of the meat paste-ing ingredients, but I have taken it down after realizing this was the step that was preventing most people from making this kind of script. In this post, I mentioned that people should not publish a script that does what this thread is asking, because we only need 1 or 2 people to run a script like this, and not the 200 people who would use a script like this. Theraze is responding to the post that was deleted.

In hindsight, I should have just edited the earlier post instead of deleting it, and posting this one... that's what I get for posting before I put any caffeine in me...

Catch-22

I think normally one would just wait for some lone ranger to find stuff like this using a PERL/cURL or Python script, etc.